PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needs Harsh Advice

MickeyD
08-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Here is my vehicle---1998 gs lexus --Miles--190,625--Part time obsession detailing--however this board has me wanting it to take it to the next level. Possible? Zaino line used--cyclo has been the polisher--Do own the udm---I have thick skin so let`er rip--sorry my photography skills aint the best--need to get a macpro--pic taken with the iphone--thanx fellas

MatrixXRS
08-01-2007, 09:58 PM
It`s difficult to tell from one photo, but much of the "next level" is personal preference. If you`re looking for wetness, that may be one product. If you`re looking for durability, that may be another. You may even want to "pop" the pearl/metallic flake and that`s yet another product. Based on your attached pic, I`d say you did a great job on the paint. Next step may be to pull it into the sun and see how the finish came out. If it`s defect free from 1-2 feet away, then I`d say that`s a pretty thorough job.

Evenflow
08-01-2007, 10:02 PM
What are you looking to accomplish?? That picture isn`t really good to any of us, and the car looks great in the picture. I`d stick with the cyclo. I`d be interested to see some Clearkote/Poorboys products on that color.

warlockid
08-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Yes, more photos please. Get it out in the sun and lets see how she shines up. If you`re "taking it to the next level", show us the interior and the motor. Show us some angles. Hire a photographer! :) But really, from the one so-so pic, it looks pretty nice. And you`re using good product and equipment . Keep it up!