PDA

View Full Version : What are some UDM friendly products.

Pages : [1] 2

imported_yenwen
08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I`ve been reading a lot of stuff that says polishes don`t break down properly with the UDM/PC so i was wondering what a great products that work well with the UDM?

I use PB2.5/1

tried a few other things like megs 83

pinnacle advanced swirl remover and pinnacle advance scratch remover

Also looking for UDM friendly Polish that is low dust.

imported_yenwen
08-02-2007, 11:10 AM
bump for some good answers

rezbmr
08-02-2007, 11:17 AM
the XMT line is pretty damn good, very mild dusting but nothing too crazy...i`ve like it alot so far...especially now that they have a level 4...mmm...plus they all smell really good and have long break down times...

SilverSeven
08-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Well yenwen, most polishes are made for the rotary buffer. Just like rezbmr mentioned the Pinnacle XMT line is quite good for PC/UDM. I personally liked to use M80 speed glaze and Optimum line myself. As it`s cheaper compare to the XMT line. :)

U can use most polishes with the PC/UDM too. But maybe it`ll take a bit longer to break down compare to the Rotary. U might try the XMT line first and see how it goes for u?

VTechFan02
08-02-2007, 12:06 PM
Does anyone have much experience with the Four Star Body Shop Polishes/Compounds via UDM. I have heard several good things from Patrick and Danase but I think Danase was using a rotary. I love the price point of those polishes. Any opinions on effectiveness via UDM?

-Frank

imported_yenwen
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Long break down time? What do you mean by that?

superchargedg
08-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Long break down time? What do you mean by that?

The polish takes a long time to completely break down so it gives you plenty of working time before it flashes and is ready to wipe off.

imported_yenwen
08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
how do you clean your pad when it starts gumming up?

rezbmr
08-03-2007, 08:17 AM
if you spray some pad conditioner on your pad before the polish then they won`t gum up (just don`t do it with menzerna) after use i spray the pads with the polishing pad cleaner (i use the one from autogeek) and then i rinse them under water while scrubbing with the brush. then i throw them in a washing machine with no detergent and let them dry.

kapinnn
08-03-2007, 08:28 AM
You might wanna try the Prima line. All of their products were created for the PC.

phamkl
08-03-2007, 07:36 PM
4* MCC works well with the UDM. I was hesitant to try it today because I thought it might have been designed for a rotary but it worked for me just like menz IP worked for me except it cut notably but not too significantly faster than IP. Next time I get a new correcting polish for the UDM, it`ll be 4* MCC.

For reference, I applied with the DASII white cutting pad at speed 6.

VTechFan02
08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the reply phamkl! Have you tried OC and if so, how did it compare to MCC?

-Frank

TNWIII
08-03-2007, 07:59 PM
I used the Klasse All-In-One and the Klasse Glaze (2-coat applications) and never found any problems with using the UDM, as a matter-of-fact i couldn`t imagine applying all the products by hand, especially in 94% humidty.

Old Pirate
08-03-2007, 08:05 PM
I use SIP and 106ff on white pads with no problems at all with the UDM. Also use OC with orange pads and no problems too.

phamkl
08-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I haven`t tried OC. I just recently picked up machine polishing and started with IP and FP from CMA. I`d probably stick with Menzerna as, despite the dusting, I really like, but there aren`t any West Coast Menzerna distributors so I decided to try out 4*`s MCC, which I can get from Patrick @ Excel Detailing (tasty candy with every order, service that`s just as sweet.)

The reason why I`ve liked using IP (after I realized not to use too much product, thanks again Spoiledman) is that it breaks down very quickly and after a quick wipe of the all the dust, I can take a second pass. All accounts of Optimum products say they take longer to break down which isn`t what I want. I suspect, though, that with the UDM going full power on an aggressive pad, anything would break down reasonably quick. Going after a single spot, I got the paint to be hot to the point of being uncomfortable to touch for too long. Yea I don`t wanna do that again but I`m sure the UDM would make short work of anythign short of a really aggressive compound.

Which reminds me, I think what would be really helpful if someone who knows, would tell us what what`s the most aggressive polish or compound a random orbital can easily handle?