PDA

View Full Version : Black Trim

Pages : [1] 2 3

Berniemtl
08-01-2007, 08:20 AM
This site has always been my teacher with regards to detailling. But this is a first post.

I have a black 2005 Mustang, and use mostly Poorboys products (SSR 2, SSR 1, Proffesional Polish, EXP then Natty`s blue), Eagle one as a rim and tire cleaner followed by Meguiars Hot shine for the tires, Stoners for the windows and finaly Meguiars quick detail for between waxing. Might have to move up to SSR 2.5 as I was left with some swirl this time around. Also use the PC 7424.

The only part of the process I am unhappy with is the trim.

First .....after waxing there is always some wax on the trim (even with tape). How do you re remove it?

Second.....the weekly wash......what do you use to bring out the trim? I am using Mothers "Back to Black" and I am not thrilled with it.. The other question is when to apply?

I have been using the "Back to Black as a last step, after the wash and Quick detail...but it always leaves mark and drips! During what stage of the weekly wash to you do your black trim?

Tks

Bern in Canada

MegaGoodDetaili
08-01-2007, 10:27 AM
YO WUT UP. Nice question bro. I got what u need right here dogger. Wut I use is either Poorboys Natural Look or 303 Aerospace Protectant. Basically i switch off between the 2 on my rides, and I just rub her on real soft and smooth. Wut kind of wax you using that`s leaving residue bro? Only waxes I use are pure carnaubas with no cleaners and therefore no residues. I am usually hitting my sweet *** black trim before the wax or spray on wax and cleaning up any messes I make applying my trim stuff. Maybe I follow the trim up with a little quick detail, if you know what im talkin bout. You listen to me, and your rides look as sweet as mine, I been in the biz for a long time bro, I know what it takes to knock it out. Lateskis.

Ern
08-01-2007, 10:39 AM
YO WUT UP. Nice question bro. I got what u need right here dogger. Wut I use is either Poorboys Natural Look or 303 Aerospace Protectant. Basically i switch off between the 2 on my rides, and I just rub her on real soft and smooth. Wut kind of wax you using that`s leaving residue bro? Only waxes I use are pure carnaubas with no cleaners and therefore no residues. I am usually hitting my sweet *** black trim before the wax or spray on wax and cleaning up any messes I make applying my trim stuff. Maybe I follow the trim up with a little quick detail, if you know what im talkin bout. You listen to me, and your rides look as sweet as mine, I been in the biz for a long time bro, I know what it takes to knock it out. Lateskis.

??????? :hm

glen22
08-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I take an AIO cleaner on a small sponge and clean everything off the plastic and rubber which makes it all black then the 303 is a good choice or anything with uv protection. I find its best not to use anything to oily cuz it will attract dust and such .

mose
08-01-2007, 11:11 AM

Holey Mackeral!!:confused:

qballjr13
08-01-2007, 11:12 AM

:wow: English as a second language? :nixweiss

Berniemtl
08-01-2007, 11:14 AM
I take an AIO cleaner on a small sponge and clean everything off the plastic and rubber which makes it all black then the 303 is a good choice or anything with uv protection. I find its best not to use anything to oily cuz it will attract dust and such .

Thank you.

When you say AIO...are you refering to Klasse All-in-one?

303...tks, looks like a great product.

Do you do your trim (as above) before wash...or after?

glen22
08-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Thank you.

When you say AIO...are you refering to Klasse All-in-one?

303...tks, looks like a great product.

Do you do your trim (as above) before wash...or after?I am talking about a soap type cleaner I think mine is meguiars I use it straight before I wash to clean any baked on old wax and such then after its washed and waxed I hit the black with 303 or similar product and if you get any on the paint it just wipes right off.

phahn
08-01-2007, 06:42 PM
Stoner`s Trim shine has worked well for me on black trim. I found a local Murray`s closing them out @ 2.50 a can so I scooped up a few - Definitely worth trying...

Pete

SVR
08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
I`ve found a close up pic of the trim and it looks to be polishable.

Is the trim hard or soft. If it`s hard material, it will most likely benefit greatly from machine application of trim dream or a combination of soft very fine abrasive polishes containing morpholine. Driven to Perfection auto polish is one that works on all urethane and vinyl trims.

If soft, it should work but you will need to use a finishing pad and apply with caution as there are so many varieties of materials on cars today.

I don`t do much to my ext trims anymore as I trim dreamed the lower ones nd sealed with fireglaze DS (machine applied with 4 inch pads) the uppers are different material and I polished three of them by hand with ultra gloss superpolish and sealed with six coats of AJT. The fourth one was unrepairable by polish so I coated it with nyalic laquer. Good as gold for ten years now.

I might aquawax them now and then but that`s it

wannafbody
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Yo, DAWG you ride be blingin now

BlackElantraGT
08-01-2007, 07:04 PM

You speak English mega good homie. Take it sleazy. Lates!

keesue
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow. Being from the inner city of San Fran, I gotta say, "Yumpin Yiminies!!!!"

Bigpoppa3346
08-01-2007, 07:22 PM

:har:

I LMAO`d when I read this.

Anyways, I would clean the trim with an AIO type product like....AIO or Vanilla Moose by CK, then dress with a trim dressing.

imported_DetailDan
08-01-2007, 08:03 PM
:har:

I LMAO`d when I read this.

You guys should read his other posts.