PDA

View Full Version : Washer fluid stains on rubber seal

imported_RedlineIRL
07-31-2007, 11:36 PM
On the rubber seal above my windshield, on a Saturn Ion, I`ve got brownish colored water spots stained into it. The only thing that I think could have possibly stained this rubber seal is windshield washer fluid, but I don`t see how. I have tried everything I could possibly think of that could remove it, Meguiars NXT generation tech protect, Mother`s back to black, and nothing has worked yet. Is there any hope at all of removing these spots without damaging the durability or finish of the rubber?

BigJimZ28
08-01-2007, 12:11 AM
did you try AIO or WD-40?

imported_truzoom
08-01-2007, 12:16 AM
You can actually use a light abrasive polish on the seal, but I would be cautious.

What sort of washer fluid are you using that it`s leaving stains?

MegaGoodDetaili
08-01-2007, 12:19 AM
how bout some xmt360 dogg? that stuff works titties on my black mirrors. she shines up real nice. should work no prob for you my friend. just scrub it out by hand bro. be nice, real nice. Lates.

imported_RedlineIRL
08-01-2007, 09:05 PM
did you try AIO or WD-40?

No, I haven`t tried those. I didn`t know WD40 could clean something like that. What`s AIO?

You can actually use a light abrasive polish on the seal, but I would be cautious.

What sort of washer fluid are you using that it`s leaving stains?

Would a polish turn the seal white, unless it was removed rather quickly?

I don`t know of that`s what the spots are from, but I don`t know what else could have left spots there. It`s just standard blue fluid, none of that bug formula or winter mix stuff.

mikebai1990
08-02-2007, 08:55 AM
AIO stands for All-In-One, but generally refers to Klasse All-In-One. It`s a versatile all-in-one product that is good for cleaning the paint, and works on rubber as well. I`d try the AIO first. Polishes probably might not be a good idea because most polishes do stain trim.

Setec Astronomy
08-02-2007, 09:41 AM
how bout some xmt360 dogg? that stuff works titties on my black mirrors. she shines up real nice. should work no prob for you my friend. just scrub it out by hand bro. be nice, real nice. Lates.

Justin, is that you, bro? LOL