PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang

BigChevMan
06-10-2005, 04:53 AM
Ok...So I got 3/4 full bottle of wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant sitting here that I got in a trade. I`ve come to realize that the feel of a sealant will never compare to the feel of a good carnuba wax. Will this stuff be the same as other sealants? Or should I just try and sell it, since we can`t trade it off any longer.

JaredPointer
06-10-2005, 06:58 AM
I personally find WG to have a warm look. It`s not the same look as a carnauba, but it does have a glow about it. It`s one of my favorite sealants. I would suggest keeping it around, but that`s just me. :)

klnyc
06-10-2005, 07:40 AM
Me too, I like it alot. I use it mainly on dark metalic paint thou.

raymond_ho2002
06-10-2005, 11:15 AM
Ok...So I got 3/4 full bottle of wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant sitting here that I got in a trade. I`ve come to realize that the feel of a sealant will never compare to the feel of a good carnuba wax. Will this stuff be the same as other sealants? Or should I just try and sell it, since we can`t trade it off any longer.

So you haven`t tried it yet?

tsx2004
06-10-2005, 04:48 PM
i really heard good news about WG deep gloss sealant. its a really good sealant like pooboys EX-P and 4* UPP. i heard that wolfgang deep gloss is good for dark cars.

GearHead_1
06-10-2005, 06:45 PM
When it comes to sealants Wolfgang`s is one of my favorites. I find it a little more "wax like" than other sealants.

MattZ28
06-10-2005, 09:01 PM
I`ve had nothing but great experiences with it, on light AND dark colors. Gives a very deep, wet richness to the paint that most other sealants fail to duplicate, and lasts for months (after about 4 months, it`s dead).

keeotee
06-10-2005, 10:23 PM
I love the Wolfgang`s sealant on my red truck. As the other`s have said - it`s got a nice warm glow to it. I put a couple coats of it on the truck this spring and then through the summer I top it off quite regularly with the Souveran paste wax. Great combo on red.

probegt
06-10-2005, 10:28 PM
I like the looks on my black truck. It left a real good glow to it and was easy to apply and take off but it didnt seem to bead after the first week after a wash.After one week it was gone and I had 2 coats on. Hopefully I will get better results next time.

jlacura
06-11-2005, 09:29 AM
I like it also. It was the first "boutique" lsp I tried and after trying a few others I find myself coming back to it. It`s easy to use, looks good and leaves one slick finish.

BigChevMan
06-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I like the looks on my black truck. It left a real good glow to it and was easy to apply and take off but it didnt seem to bead after the first week after a wash.After one week it was gone and I had 2 coats on. Hopefully I will get better results next time.

That`s the problem i`ve had with sealants. THey don`t bead for very long and loose slickness. That`s why I got rid of zaino. Now Natty`s...that beaded forever and still felt slick over a month after application through some snow and rain.

usdm
06-12-2005, 01:05 AM
What I`ve found as well as some others, is that sometimes
it`s the car shampoo itself that causes the lack of slickness.
NXT, for example, is quite effective in the cleaning, but
I do notice a very reduced slick feeling. Does not matter if
i use a little or a lot in he bucket.

Some others that I have noticed having a similar affect are:

EO Wet car wash

Gliptone Wash N` Glo

PB prototype car wash (the high foam version was very effective as
well, and left a very clean, but not slick feel. The low foam/
high lubricity prototype offered much more slickness but less cleaning
power, imo. Often, i had to wash a surface twice to insure the
dirt and grime was totally removed. I haven`t tried the
productiion car wash from them, so I do not have any reference
for that product.

Mequiar`s Deep Crystal car wash (also cleaned well, but left the
paint feeling the worst of the car shampoos I`ve tried so far).

Products that I`ve found help keep up slickness in order or
most slick to least slick.These are my personal opinions so
YMMV:

PB Spray N Wipe: Works best on sealant LSPs

1z Perls (not a big fan of this product, but I do find that does
help retain slickness, due to leaving behind polymer protection)
Works best on sealant LSPs

FK1 PH Neutral car wash: Works equally well with sealants and
waxes

QEW Works equally well with sealants or waxes

Dtail
06-20-2005, 07:38 AM
You should try mothers california gold wash. It helps retain the slickness of the paint after a wash.

klnyc
06-20-2005, 08:15 AM
What about Meg Gold Classic wash? I used them alot, I heard it reduce alot of slickness, no?

mgm2003
06-20-2005, 08:22 AM
I would recommend using Poorboys Spray and Gloss during your dry process. It replentishes the slickness with most any car wash I`ve used (Super Slick & Suds, Optimum, 4*, Meg Gold and Next Gen, Gliptone, Zymol, etc...).

If you want some beading, why not top WG with a coat or two of carnuba?