PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber Gloves - they key to hand massaging any wax or sealant?

Pages : [1] 2 3

danforz
07-31-2007, 03:09 AM
Hey guys, saw this brought up and then get shot down as part of another thread, but wanted to see what you guys though. The previous thread advocated these for cleaning rims - fair enough. But what about applying paste wax or sealants to the body of the vehicle(while wearing a latex glove underneath to keep your hands safe)? In the previous thread I heard that microfiber gloves weren`t good enough yet for this function?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-31-2007, 08:09 AM
I wouldn`t touch the paint on a car I work on with the mf gloves...

Like I`ve said I`ll use those mf`s with latex on underneath to seal the rims but those mf gloves don`t go any further for me.

BobD
07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Why not just use a regular applicator? I would think the wax would go on much easier and more even with an applicator over mf gloves.

imported_Jakerooni
07-31-2007, 08:15 AM
Yea I think I got 3 of them in some sort of package deal I got before and I don`t think they`ve ever moved. I personally don`t see much of a use for them. Seem to cumbersome to me. If they work for you post up some experinces and let us know.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Why not just use a regular applicator? I would think the wax would go on much easier and more even with an applicator over mf gloves.

I do it because it`s fun, I really enjoy doing it by hand.

Plus it really gets into every nook/cranny...

I also like to do it when the owner is watching... gives them a real kick!

BobD
07-31-2007, 08:35 AM
I do it because it`s fun, I really enjoy doing it by hand.

Plus it really gets into every nook/cranny...

I also like to do it when the owner is watching... gives them a real kick!

I meant why use it on paint. ;)

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-31-2007, 08:51 AM
I meant why use it on paint. ;)

Gotcha!!!!

danforz
07-31-2007, 12:48 PM

Purely to impress customers

the other pc
08-01-2007, 02:41 PM
Purely to impress customersIn that case, knock yourself out.

I don’t see it harming the paint (assuming the mf the gloves are made from is gentle in the first place).

I think you’ll get uneven coverage, use excessive product and take too much time. But if you think it makes points with your customers it’s just a business trade-off.

PC.

fdizzle
08-01-2007, 03:53 PM
the only time i use the mf gloves i got from ag or adams (cant remember which) is when i clean the visor of my motorcycle helmet off. i wash it by hand and then slip the mf gloves on to hold it while i use the air compressor to dry it off. i like the gloves because they prevent smudges and fingerprints while im putting the visor shield back on the helmit.

i cant say id use them on paint though . . .

Accumulator
08-02-2007, 12:09 PM
Same ol` same ol`....if you`re gonna touch your paint with them I`d CD-test first to get an idea about how gentle the material is.

a.k.a. Patrick
08-02-2007, 03:41 PM
I use them all the time for final wipedown. So you guys will use a MF towel, and or applicator, but not a MF glove?

I wouldnt use one for application purposes, but they are very useful items. They also make cleaning glass a heck of a lot easier. Please rationalize.

SpoiledMan
08-02-2007, 03:45 PM
I use them all the time for final wipedown. So you guys will use a MF towel, and or applicator, but not a MF glove?

I wouldnt use one for application purposes, but they are very useful items. They also make cleaning glass a heck of a lot easier. Please rationalize.

I have 5 or 6 pair and use them regularly for pretty much the same purpose.

CharmTDI
08-02-2007, 03:49 PM
umm, whats wrong with using them to wash your car?

Somebody said that a MF glove wont get near their paint. Did you mean that exclusively or just when applying wax/sealant.

I have only used the Sonus Der Wunder mits. I think they are the best item i ever got for washing.

danforz
08-02-2007, 04:20 PM
I have 5 or 6 pair and use them regularly for pretty much the same purpose.

Exactly how do they make cleaning windows easier?