PDA

View Full Version : ht-69 long dry time?

3wide
07-30-2007, 02:51 AM
hey new guy here

any one have trouble with a long dry time with ht-69? humidiy was normal for iowa summer but after 2 hours still not dry! ran out of time/patience and removed it any way and left a haze, removed that with a qd so it looks good now. wasn`t fully dry so i doubt if it bonded. was appling and removing by hand on a 6 month old black car.

:usa

imported_smprince1
07-30-2007, 03:43 AM
The only suggestion I can make is to apply it very thin and fully work it in. I have found HT-69 to be a very user-friendly product.

BigJimZ28
07-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I have never used it by hand

but I am almost sure that you applied it too thick or you did not work if long enough

it has a polish in it that I am not sure if it can be broken down by hand

it might cause more harm than good if you can`t break down the polish!

3wide
07-30-2007, 06:10 PM
i figured miss-application might be my problem, i`m new to sealants, exspecially ht-69. i started out working it in more but it seem like most of the product was gone, didn`t think anything would be left to dry and seal the paint. i`ll try it again with that method.

does any one have any experience appling ht-69 by hand? might i be better off with some other sealant since i`m not using a power tool?

imported_smprince1
07-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I`ve used HT-69 by hand to get at those locations where I could`t get a machine to work due to space or shape constraints.

I used a terry-wrapped foam applicator, and used very little product. Work it by hand until it just about disappears into the paint. Wipe off any remaining residue with a quality MF. Used this way removal is a breeze.

Good luck.

3wide
07-30-2007, 07:04 PM
I`ve used HT-69 by hand to get at those locations where I could`t get a machine to work due to space or shape constraints.

I used a terry-wrapped foam applicator, and used very little product. Work it by hand until it just about disappears into the paint. Wipe off any remaining residue with a quality MF. Used this way removal is a breeze.

Good luck.

did you wipe if off imediately? would the poduct have enought time to stick and protect, doing it this way?

imported_smprince1
07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes, I work it until it just about disappears and then I wipe off immediately. Here is the description from the TOL site:

Paint Perfection Glaze may applied by orbital or rotary polisher, or by hand. PPG`s formula is idiot proof, even on black! All you need is a small amount worked over the surface until it disappears. Follow with a light wipe of a terry towel or terry polisher bonnets. Any of our Carnauba paste waxes may be applied over PPG for added depth of color.

3wide
07-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Yes, I work it until it just about disappears and then I wipe off immediately. Here is the description from the TOL site:

Paint Perfection Glaze may applied by orbital or rotary polisher, or by hand. PPG`s formula is idiot proof, even on black! All you need is a small amount worked over the surface until it disappears. Follow with a light wipe of a terry towel or terry polisher bonnets. Any of our Carnauba paste waxes may be applied over PPG for added depth of color.

sounds good to me! i`ll do it that way. i really want this stuff to work for me, can`t beat the price...

3wide
07-30-2007, 07:59 PM

well almost idiot proof.... ha ha

imported_smprince1
07-30-2007, 08:03 PM
well almost idiot proof.... ha ha

we`ve ALL been there, done that .... believe me.:doh

ThEGuN1
08-01-2007, 09:53 PM
I do not see that in the gallon on their site>? Did they discontinue the gallon size?

BigJimZ28
08-01-2007, 10:33 PM
I do not see that in the gallon on their site>? Did they discontinue the gallon size?

I see it???????????

Best One-Step Wax (http://www.topoftheline.com/32ozpainswir.html)

ThEGuN1
08-02-2007, 02:25 AM
hmmm.. I could of swore a few days ago ...I did not see it... anyhow this looks like a rebadged cherrywax.. described almost like cherry wet wax but with improvements.

imported_smprince1
08-02-2007, 04:36 AM
hmmm.. I could of swore a few days ago ...I did not see it... anyhow this looks like a rebadged cherrywax.. described almost like cherry wet wax but with improvements.

I believe it`s more of a 1-step product than cherry wax, as it can remove minor swirls and oxidation as well as leave some protection. Works very well via PC.