PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if this works?

Jngrbrdman
06-08-2005, 11:13 PM
I found this on the web tonight. (http://www.aperfectshineservices.com/detailing/nightdetailing.shtml) I wonder how many people he does this for. Actually... I wonder how he even came up with the idea. He wouldn`t offer it if someone hadn`t done it before. How does he work getting the keys back to them and everything? I don`t know about you, but that just doesn`t seem like something a professional would do. I wouldn`t ever offer to pick somebody`s car up and then return it without them being able to inspect it before paying me.

LastDetail
06-09-2005, 02:53 AM
It certainly is an interesting idea though. I always do my best work late at night. But yeah I don`t know if I would trust my vehicle to any service like that. But then again there are a lot of suckers in this world so ya never know I guess.

Secret Chimp
06-09-2005, 08:42 PM
I highly doubt he gets many takers on that service. But it certainly doesn`t cost anything to offer it as an option! An additional $50 plus 15% on the rpice of my details would certainly make it worth while to detail at night.

Basic detail on a 5 series BMW (the average vehicle I service) $175.
Add in a $50 night work premium and a 15% gratuity and that same detail costs $258! I`d stay up at night on occasion for that payoff.

The Fuzz
06-09-2005, 09:05 PM
The only dude getting my car after I go to bed is a dude who is stealing it. I`m not just handing the keys to someone to go drag race and then return it at some unknown hour and then paying them for it. Forget that nonsense.

RUBigDog05
06-09-2005, 09:14 PM
I think its a great idea but jngrbrdman does have a good point about the customer not being able to inspect the car before the detailer is paid unless the car is returned when the customer says they want it before they leave for work or something. Then there is the chance that the customer isn`t happy and then they don`t have time to fix whatever the customer isn`t happy with. I agree with LastDetail...I usually do my best detailing at night especially when I can take my time doing it.

tpgsr
06-10-2005, 07:19 PM
he has a god idea. It is something that i do quite often actually. I will pick up the car from the owners hme, and i will detail it throughout the night, and return it, keys in the glove box in an envelope typically, and they pay me after the vehicle has been inspected. Never had a problem with it, and i think that it is a great bit more fun, and it gives you more time to look for the little little details.

This idea and post brought tou you by Redbull lol

Flexin
06-12-2005, 11:33 AM
We do some work for doctors. We pick it up and drop it off. Only one doctor dropped off his car. That was an Audi and he left it with us for 2 nights because he was to busy to pick it up. He also said he wouldn`t be by to pick it up if it was raining.

But out of all the cars we detailed for doctors that were pickup/drop off, only one that I can think about was really looked over. That was the Volvo. One guy walked by and said hi to my partner when he picked up the keys from his employee. When I dropped it off I gave her the keys and she gave me a check. He didn`t see it till he was ready to go home. We found out the next day that he loved it and would be telling everybody about us.

James

nickis
06-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I`m kind of jealous I didn`t come up with that. Sure, there are some potential problems, but for someone who is really busy and uses their car all day, that service has to be really appealing. Obviously some people won`t be trusting enough to take advantage of it, or will be skeptical, but as long as its just an option it certainly doesn`t hurt to offer. I do wonder about the risk of driving the car to and from the customer`s house though, this seems like an insurance nightmare. What would happen if you got pulled over, or got in an accident in this situation?

Flexin
06-12-2005, 10:56 PM
I`m kind of jealous I didn`t come up with that. Sure, there are some potential problems, but for someone who is really busy and uses their car all day, that service has to be really appealing. Obviously some people won`t be trusting enough to take advantage of it, or will be skeptical, but as long as its just an option it certainly doesn`t hurt to offer. I do wonder about the risk of driving the car to and from the customer`s house though, this seems like an insurance nightmare. What would happen if you got pulled over, or got in an accident in this situation?

We have insurance at our shop for the cars that are there being worked on, ones that might be left overnight, and when we are driving them. Its not that bad. You would be surprised how quick people will hand over thier keys. I did pick ups for a Maxima, Grand Cherokee, Volvo, Forester, Acura TL 6 speed the other day and an Audi was left at our shop for 3 days. These people don`t know me but they hand over the keys. And I treat the cars like I was making payments on it so its in good hands. I think its a good service to offer if you don`t mind working nights and have a place to do it.

James

newbug
06-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Jeeez! That`s one of those "why didn`t I think of that" services. Sounds like a great Idea for people always on the go. The extra $ makes it worth the time and effort to stay up late. Frankly, I wouln`t take advantage of it if I was a paying customer, but I can see how someone might.

vdubbya
06-15-2005, 10:49 PM
I`ve offered the night service once and awhile for my "real estate" costomers. They need their vehicle in the day so night is their best option. I have a very good reputation in the town that I live in so having their vehicle overnight posses no anxiety to them. Actually, within the last two weeks I`ve had 5 Porsches and classic benz stay overnight or longer. The one customer has several cars so leaving them at my shop is now big deal. I had a 02` 911 drop top over for a four day weekend.....and the weather was nice and temptation never set in to go for a ride.