PDA

View Full Version : My Take on the New Optimum Protectant Plus

es350
07-29-2007, 03:18 PM
I just started using the new Optimum Protect Plus(OPP) to condition and protect my leather and interior (dash and trim).

I currently use the Zaino Leather in a Bottle and 303.

The OPP is much easier to apply with a spray solution for perforated seats. I don`t spend lots of time like I did with Zano trying to not get the conditioner stuck in the perforated portions. With OPP, I just spray and wipe down. The 303 was similar, but the OPP is slightly thicker and doesn`t run when you spray it on the seat backs like the 303.

The OPP really conditions the leather, has a nice leather smell, and protects against sun damage. Plus, now I can use the same product to condition and protect my seats, dash, and doors. I`m also glad that OPP provides sun protection against UV rays to protect against fading and cracking.

The finish that the new OPP gives is a nice satin finish that is slightly less glossy than 303. OPP is easier to apply than 303 and leaves a nice even finish even when you directly spray OPP onto the dash. The new OPP is not greasy or slick to the touch. For the lack of a better description, the interior looks new after being treated with OPP.

So far, I find the new OPP a great product that will replace my Zaino and 303.

BTW, when you accidentally spray OPP onto your interior windows, the OPP easily buffs right off like a spray wax (unlike 303 that smears).

Bigpoppa3346
07-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I am using the older version and it works well for me. Glad to hear you are enjoying the new stuff.