PDA

View Full Version : Strong wash shampoo wanted ... any recommendations?

Pages : [1] 2

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 10:19 AM
I am looking for a strong car wash shampoo for those customers that bring me nasty vehicles. Want something that won`t harm the vehicle, but it`s ok if it strips any wax or sealant because I will re-apply that as part of the detailing process. Product should be economical and effective on road grime, bugs, grease, tar, bird crap, etc.

What do you use?

OTC preferred as shipping gallons can get expensive. I have read NXT Wash is an effective, strong wash.

Also, if I can`t go OTC I am considering a few Chemical Guys products based on some reviews I have read here. Can anybody compare/contrast the effectiveness of these two CG products?

1. EXTREME STRONG WASH GRIME/BUG/TAR Degreaser & Shampoo

2. Citrus Wash & Gloss Synthetic Citrus Based Hyper-Wash+GLOSS

Thanks!

JeffM
07-29-2007, 10:57 AM
What would putting some APC mixed with car wash soap do?

atticdog
07-29-2007, 11:02 AM
you probably could just double the normal mix ratio with any car shampoo

blucpe
07-29-2007, 11:45 AM
try cg`s citrus car wash shampoo.

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 11:46 AM
you probably could just double the normal mix ratio with any car shampoo

Yeah... I tried that. I use Megs Gold Class for most "gentle" washes between details and even at increase ratios it isn`t that effective for bugs and tar. Currently I spot pre-treat those areas but I was wondering if there was something that could be used as an effective one step wash for the nasty customer cars that haven`t been washed in months.

But, thanks for the input :2thumbs:

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 11:49 AM
What would putting some APC mixed with car wash soap do?

Good question....might be a good idea:nixweiss

Does anybody else do this?

If yes, which APC is best suited for this application? Right now I have Megs Detailer line APC but I usually use that for interiors.

kapinnn
07-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I have never had luck removing tar with just shampoo... I hit it with Tarminator before washing.

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 12:05 PM
try cg`s citrus car wash shampoo.

I`ve read a few threads on it and it sounds very effective but the shipping is kind of high.

Do you use it? Is it really that good on tar, bugs, and road grime that I won`t have to pre-treat?

a.k.a. Patrick
07-29-2007, 01:09 PM
What about Four Stars Car Wash Concentrate? I think the Autopia store has it.

atticdog
07-29-2007, 01:11 PM
you could use

Finish Kare`s Soil & Coating Remover / Wax & Detail Pre-Cleaner #1119

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 01:20 PM
What about Four Stars Car Wash Concentrate? I think the Autopia store has it.

Danase carries it and I would gladly buy it there as they are a good vendor IMO... but how good is the product? Not much of a description on the web site, the bottle only states "doesn`t strip wax".

Is it a strong cleaner for nasty vehicles?

imported_themightytimmah
07-29-2007, 01:50 PM
NXT mixed triple strength in a foamgun will usually do it... sometimes I add a hair of Safe-D-greaser.

jmorton10
07-29-2007, 02:06 PM
I am looking for a strong car wash shampoo for those customers that bring me nasty vehicles. Want something that won`t harm the vehicle, but it`s ok if it strips any wax or sealant

Why not just use Dawn??

~John

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 02:15 PM
Why not just use Dawn??

~John

:shocked :bolt

glen22
07-29-2007, 02:17 PM
Why not just use Dawn??

~JohnDAWN gets my vote and the bug sponge from AG is the way to go.