PDA

View Full Version : seconds from ordering some products -need help choosing a sealant

skycamefalling
06-08-2005, 09:39 PM
Okay guys, I`m real close to ordering these products. I have a big meet with a truck club coming up and I want to blow everyone away. All I need is the "right" sealant (I`m not going to use a topper). My truck is bright red (it`s the red that tacoma`s come in), and I`ve narrowed it down to three choices: EX, EX-P, UPP. Also is there a durability difference between EX and EX-P since the EX has carnuba?

Poorboy`s Light Abrasive Swirl Remover (SR1) 16 oz.

[Remove]
10.95 Yes 10.95
Poorboy’s Spray & Gloss

[Remove]
5.95 Yes 5.95
Poorboy`s Trim Restorer

[Remove]
9.95 Yes 9.95
Poorboy`s Professional Polish

[Remove]
12.95 Yes 12.95
Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe Waterless Wash

[Remove]
5.95 Yes 5.95
Dual-Action 6.5" Orange Light-Cutting Pad

[Remove]

(add sealant here)

Thomas Dekany
06-09-2005, 12:02 AM
For red I`d do EX

milky
06-09-2005, 05:21 AM
^what he said :) EX really glows on red.

keeotee
06-09-2005, 07:02 AM
I`m going with EX as well. I have a red truck myself and EX does a great job on it. Still, I`d top it with Souveran paste, but then I`m so into that wax it isn`t funny!

But the Ex has some in it so it adds that little extra. I think it has good durability as well, though EX-P and UPP certainly have the durability no question.

John Styrnol
06-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Don`t just limit yourself to just those, there are others out there.

skycamefalling
06-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Just because I`m way too indecisive, I went with the UPP, can`t wait `til everything comes in next week.

mix300
06-10-2005, 07:15 AM
I will say that poorboys sells some good stuff and Steve.. well you da man when it comes to service.

I have a Ruby red Altima and have used EX on it after polishing... And wow it just looks so good. I then topped it with Natty wax x3 and more wow....

I then used the twins on it... AIO and SG... First experience.. Hated it... what a pain to get off. So back to reading on DC and learned that it was operator error. Tried again with a QD chaser to remove the SG... and man it looked like it was candy coated. So EX and Natty for the bling..... and The twins for another candy coated effect.. It`s like having two cars...