PDA

View Full Version : What to polish with?

sp3cialed
07-28-2007, 02:05 PM
I`m planning on purchasing the UDM. I currently have SSR2.5, opti seal, and Natty`s blue. i`m going to be working on a dark blue cayenne S. Is it okay to go ahead and hit it with the 2.5 and an orange pad, then white, then folow up with OS and wax? Or should I do 2.5 with orange, then move to something like optimum polish with white and finish there on?

MatrixXRS
07-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Always start with the least aggressive polishing combination first. If your defects aren`t fully removed in 2-3 passes, then step up to the next most aggressive pad/polish. The condition of your paint may not require heavy polishing (you didn`t mention anything about paint condition), so it may best to try OS on the white before anything else.

imported_Dave KG
07-28-2007, 07:09 PM
As above... light abrasives first on a test spot first before moving to something more aggressive... You dont want to be removing more paint than you have to.

I`d kick off with something quite light cutting - iof is the Poorboys range you want to use, SSR2 on a polishing pad and if that doesn`t cut it, step up to SSR2.5 on a polishing pad. Personally I prefer to step up the aggressiveness of the polish rather than the pad where possible, and rarely use anything more than a polishing pad these days... but if you require a little extra bite, step up to a light cutting or cutting pad. :)

warlockid
07-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Im with Dave on this. If at all possible, I change products more than pads. I find I can usually get what I need done with a polishing pad and an array of different products. Start small, work it, and if the results arent to your liking, slowly work up the aggressiveness of the product. And since all the products I currently use are from local distributors and all my Menz/Nattys/Zaino stuff wont be here until Monday, telling you what I use wont help a lot. Good luck!

sp3cialed
07-29-2007, 03:07 AM
so. is getting a SSR2 kinda useless if i have 2.5? Would ssr1 be more logical?... or no?