PDA

View Full Version : Any reason not to apply P21s wax with a PC?

box3876
07-28-2007, 10:20 AM
A newbie here and using P21s. Have heard to apply by hand only. Any reasons not to use PC with the wax?

MatrixXRS
07-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Nope. You can apply it by PC without any problems. Some will use the PC wrench or spoon to spread the product over the pad. Others will actually remove the entire product from the container and coat the pad that way. If you choose the latter, be sure to wear rubber gloves so you don`t end up contaminating the wax (or dropping it).

Something like this...

http://guide.sonus-usa.com/wax2.jpg

RTexasF
07-28-2007, 10:59 AM
In my opinion you would be wasting quite a bit. The amount it will take just to prime the pad will likely do the entire car by hand. That`s not really a negative I just thought it deserved mentioning.

BobD
07-30-2007, 07:04 AM
It goes on so easy and comes off so easy by hand by the time you get done applying it to the buffing pad you could of had the entire car done. ;)

LazerRed1
07-30-2007, 08:53 AM
It goes on so easy and comes off so easy by hand by the time you get done applying it to the buffing pad you could of had the entire car done. ;)

I agree. One of the best looking waxes that is very, very easy to apply and remove. Like all nubas, it is kind of a dust magnet compared to a sealant, but it does look good.

Bythehour
07-30-2007, 08:55 AM
Ditto. I don`t even bother with using a fancy applicator pad any more. I just take the foam that comes with the wax and go at it. Then follow up with a couple MF to buff out. I can do my entire car in about 15 minutes now.

bulgingtwine
07-30-2007, 10:04 AM

:werd: easiest stuff to use I have ever touched.

TortoiseAWD
07-30-2007, 11:16 AM
In my opinion you would be wasting quite a bit. The amount it will take just to prime the pad will likely do the entire car by hand. That`s not really a negative I just thought it deserved mentioning.In my experience, that`s not the case . . . I`ve applied P21S/S100 (and Souveran, #16, etc.) by machine, and I tend to use much less wax than if I work by hand. I`ve also found that, although P21S/S100 is supposed to be a wipe-on/wipe-off wax, if I apply by machine, I can apply it to the entire car and allow it to haze, and the residue buffs off pretty easily with minimal dust. The machine lays down a much, much thinner and more even layer than I`m capable of by hand.

YMMV, but that`s how it has worked for me..

Tort

P.S. 4" Sonus SFX-3 spot pads are *awesome* for this application. Small size and a foam that absorbs very little product FTW. Even better, if you`re using #16 or another old-school wax in a wide, flat container, the 4" pad will fit in the tin, so no hassling with "buttering" the pad, or removing wax from the container.

ZoranC
07-30-2007, 02:06 PM
I`ve applied P21S/S100 (and Souveran, #16, etc.) by machine, and I tend to use much less wax than if I work by hand.

Same here, and even maybe more due to lack of experience.

OStateFlyer
07-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I apply S100 by PC and love it. I`ll echo the other threads in that I use less product and can easily apply it nice and even. It also goes on very, very fast.

imported_Bence
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
It is always beyond me why does anyone recommend to remove the wax completely from the container... Just knock it loose, and when it pops out just hold it with the container itself. No rubber gloves, no BS.

BTW if I want to apply a wax which is in a smaller tin, like Collinite 885, I just squeeze the pad into the tin, twist, and slap on the machine.

imported_FMINUS
07-30-2007, 10:21 PM
I always use a PC or polishing pal

danforz
07-31-2007, 03:17 AM
Yes - though I`m not certain that this would be a problem, but if you have other layers underneath they may be compromised by the PC`s spinning action