PDA

View Full Version : Better Paint Cleaner? Meg`s vs. Meg`s...

jlells01
06-08-2005, 07:13 PM
Meguiars ColorX vs. Meguiars Deep Crystal System Paint Cleaner

Which one`s the better "paint cleaner"?

matthiasj
06-08-2005, 10:46 PM
i would think deep crystal paint cleaner would be a better paint cleaner...and ColorX would be a better polish

JaredPointer
06-09-2005, 06:57 AM
I have used both. I have never gotten the results with the "three step" sysytem that I achieved with ColorX. In a very simple illustration, the ColorX is kind of like the three step system rolled into one bottle. I know there are differences, but I`m just using it to "make my point."

FWIW, I have seen people use the three step system (both the Meg`s and Mother`s) with very good results.

matthiasj
06-09-2005, 08:14 PM
the only bad thing about the 3 step is it provides no real polish. I thought colorX was a mild mild mild polish? The polish in the 3 step is just chemical if i`m not mistaken

JaredPointer
06-10-2005, 07:21 AM
the only bad thing about the 3 step is it provides no real polish. I thought colorX was a mild mild mild polish? The polish in the 3 step is just chemical if i`m not mistaken

The first two steps in the Meg`s three step system are polishes. I think you might be a bit confused on the terminology, but a polish is something you use to clean the paint with (in very simple terminology). Just because it`s not abrasive doesn`t mean that it`s not a polish.

Larry A
06-10-2005, 08:43 AM
I.M.O. Color X is a top notch product. As a cleaner wax the only other product that beats it is Klasse AIO. It is the product that I recomend to people with less then perfect paint. It cleans very well and leaves long lasting pertection for a cleaner wax. I find that if you do it by hand do 2 coats , it seems to come out better that way. Do it twice it comes out nice.

JaredPointer
06-10-2005, 08:46 AM
Agreed! My good experiences with ColorX is probably the only reason I don`t own any Klasse AIO. :bigups

matthiasj
06-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I just picked up some ColorX today. If i throw on a couple coats by hand, what would be a good topper? I wish i had some NXT wax, that`ll be my next purchase. Would #26 be a good topper for ColorX?

Larry A
06-12-2005, 09:45 AM
#26 would be great.

matthiasj
06-12-2005, 11:35 AM
Here`s what i was thinking. I dont have a PC or anything, so i thought i`d apply one coat to one panel with a terry app, then remove, i`ll do this to the whole car, then to back and apply another coat of ColorX with a MF app. to one panel and remove. Do this to the whole car, then top it off with a coat of #26. Would layering #26 make better results?

How much colorx should be used? I`m gonna just a little bit, i think a lot of times i use too much product, and i read that colorx needs to be used sparingly. Also, how much #26 should be used? Should i use it sparingly too?