PDA

View Full Version : zymol - how to apply

Mikezippster
07-27-2007, 11:06 PM
I figured I would ask the experts so here goes. I was given a kit of zymol carbon with cleaner, wash, detailing spray etc.. I have talked to several people and have had several different ways to apply. My question to all is should this wax be applied by hand or machine? If it matters the application is on a 87 buick grand national. thanks:nixweiss

imported_Jakerooni
07-27-2007, 11:43 PM
dosen`t it have instructions on the bottle? Seems like the logical choice of advise to follow

azenthusiast
07-28-2007, 12:03 AM
Yeah, I would just follow the advice that is on the bottle. There are some good how to`s in other sections of the forum. Zymol is what I am used to using, although I just ordered Zaino and I`m anxious to see how that turns out. Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Vintage
07-28-2007, 12:45 AM
I figured I would ask the experts so here goes. I was given a kit of zymol carbon with cleaner, wash, detailing spray etc.. I have talked to several people and have had several different ways to apply. My question to all is should this wax be applied by hand or machine? If it matters the application is on a 87 buick grand national. thanks:nixweiss

Carbon is from the Hand Crafted line. I have applied Carbon with a blue lc ccs pad and PC. Works great! Just use a mf towel and remove it by hand, it`s just as easy. Also, if the cleaner you`re using is HD Cleanse, I`ve done that with an lc green or white pad. Makes it much easier. Of course, you can follow the directions and do it all by hand! Haha! IMO, HD Cleanse is a pita anyway so just use a pc to apply it.

Applying Zymol or any other wax is an art/skill and to each his own. Ask questions and experiment in small sections at a time and stick with what works best for you.

steelwind101
07-28-2007, 12:58 AM
Hi,

I think Carbon goes on with a foam app. HD cleanse goes one panel at a time with MF applicater. The MF applicator helps work the product in to the paintwork.

HD cleanse can be a tough to remove, apply out of the sun to a cool dry panel.

Geoff

tod071
07-28-2007, 01:03 AM
Go to the Zymol site, find the Carbon wax, then hover over the product description. It will give you exact instructions how to use it.

Mikezippster
07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Thanks All, The directions do state apply by hand. Friends had said you will get swirl marks, they detail and use a machine. Im not a rotory type person, don`t feel comfortable with it, and never tried. Have used ROB with somewhat good results. I have a spare hood and will try both ways. Hate to waste it but rather an old hood than my car. If anyone has any other ideas Im open to suggestions. Thanks again, Mike

Mikezippster
07-28-2007, 09:37 AM
I hope the product is not like the web site "zymol.com" . Not much technical help so I`ll try the above plan. Practice makes perfect i guess.

tod071
07-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Just get an applicator pad, swirl it in the container and apply using side to side motions. I don`t see the need to "practice" applying wax. Don`t treat it as a cleaner, though, and use pressure.

If you want to use a machine, get a butter knife and spread the Carbon on the pad like butter on bread. Using the machine will give a thin, even coat, so removal easy.