PDA

View Full Version : Am I applying my sealant correctly?

Gopher
07-27-2007, 10:18 PM
I just recently did my first detail at the end of which I applied the AJT sealant. From what I`ve gathered through my reading here, it should have been spritzed on, spread out and then allowed to dry then the residue rubbed off...

When I used it however I seemed to absorb the excess as I spread it around. I don`t think I was overly sparing with it (in feel like I used a lot more then I needed to). Can someone give me a couple pointers on what I might have done wrong?

If its relevant my process was as follows:

Wash (I`d clayed about a month ago)

3M Machine Polish via PC w/ meguiars polishing pad at speed 6

Klasse AIO Polish via PC w/ white polish pad at speed 4

AJT

SilverSeven
07-27-2007, 10:36 PM
AJT: Spritzed & spread using very light pressure, use the microfiber towel to spread AJ Trigger evenly across a small section of the car.

Continue buffing AJ Trigger with the microfiber towel while still wet. Use very light pressure and continue until the surface is clear and free of residue. Switch to a dry section of towel for the final pass to ensure a streak free shine.

Some sort like using a Quick Detailer spray. :)

Gopher
07-27-2007, 11:00 PM
thanks for the pointer. I feel like this is generally what I was doing, but after spreading it around it didn`t "haze" per say. Just kinda thinly spread and I moved on... I`ll probably give it a quick wash on Sunday and apply another coat... make sure its done right.