PDA

View Full Version : DG 105 - Not in my neck of the woods

NewLookAutoCare
07-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Went to a CarQuest in Western PA, this store carries every number of Duragloss products you can think of - from 1 to 1000. Whole rack full. But no 105. Ask guy behind counter "never heard of 105, let me look it up." Tells me he found the product description but it is in none of the warehouses on upper east coast.

I think he`s full of uknowhat, so I go to 2 other CarQuests, exactly same response. Call two Napa parts store - responses was "Dura who?" don`t carry it and never did.

The product kind of loses its luster for me if I can`t get it OTC. I`m happy enough with my 2 year`s supply of Jeffs Werkstatt.

BA_Titan
07-27-2007, 03:17 PM
My 2 cents... It was worth ordering! Can`t find it around here so got it from Excel.

BlackElantraGT
07-27-2007, 03:52 PM
You can always order from the manufacturer if you`re planning a decent size order from them. They charge $5 flat shipping. If you`re not sure what to buy, I highly suggest a gallon of their car wash concentrate and a bottle of AquaWax if you don`t already have it.

If $5 shipping is still a bit too much, the next time you place an order with AutoGeek, throw in the DG products you want to try. They offer free shipping using the "AGO" coupon code for orders totaling $75 or more.

I`ve been able to buy from CarQuest, but their product selection varies greatly from store to store and a lot of the products look like they`ve sat there for a long time. Their employees were all pretty nice though and even commented that they can order from their warehouse if they don`t have it in the store. The next time I will probably go through them instead since their gallon prices were better than DG`s and AutoGeek`s.

pwaug
07-27-2007, 04:06 PM
NAPA has most of the DG products in their catalog. I just place an order and it arrives usually within 24 hours.

imported_etml12
07-27-2007, 04:07 PM
Went to a CarQuest in Western PA, this store carries every number of Duragloss products you can think of - from 1 to 1000. Whole rack full. But no 105. Ask guy behind counter "never heard of 105, let me look it up." Tells me he found the product description but it is in none of the warehouses on upper east coast.

I think he`s full of uknowhat, so I go to 2 other CarQuests, exactly same response. Call two Napa parts store - responses was "Dura who?" don`t carry it and never did.

The product kind of loses its luster for me if I can`t get it OTC. I`m happy enough with my 2 year`s supply of Jeffs Werkstatt.

I am also in the Pittsburgh area and have had even less luck than you. I`ve been to 3 Napa stores and none of them have a clue about DG. I think it is safe to say they don`t carry this line in our area. However, which CarQuest did you stop at? I was at one that didn`t have any DP in stock. I`m interested in trying many of the other products as well. It is easier to pick up a couple items at a time where available as compared to putting a large order together online to make shipping a non issue.

AL-53
07-27-2007, 04:12 PM
I ran into the same problem....some carquests carry it some do not....Napa only carries a few products...another store that has been good is Federated Auto Parts...I went there to get some of the Marine products to try..I called in the morn and he said will be here at 1PM..I drove there and he had them...but for bulk orders I always call DG....I order gallons of product..so when I get 5 gallons of stuff shipped for 5.00 I am happy....one time they shipped it free...ask for samples....talk to jerry or bill and tell them your ordering and want samples..they will hook you up....

I asked a few stores why the do not stock it but can order it from wharehouse..they said most that come in look for Meg`s...mothers....Turtle wax...the well known names....so it just sits there....

AL

NewLookAutoCare
07-27-2007, 05:18 PM
ETML12 - I went to the CarQuest on Route 30 in Irwin. Irwin exit on turnpike - go towards Irwin (not Greensburg) 4 lights on right side. Call them with the products you want. I saw about 8 different waxes, numerous silicone type products, couple car washes. Marine wax, etc..

Bunky
07-27-2007, 05:36 PM
ETML12 - I went to the CarQuest on Route 30 in Irwin. Irwin exit on turnpike - go towards Irwin (not Greensburg) 4 lights on right side. Call them with the products you want. I saw about 8 different waxes, numerous silicone type products, couple car washes. Marine wax, etc..

I am starting to believe that spending $6 to $9 in shipping is better than spending all day driving across the county/state searching for certain products. It just pays to bite the bullet and order online...sigh. I ordered something from Danase (Michigan) on Tues PM and had it Friday via normal UPS. I think I saved the shipping in driving despite my preference to forage -- thanks Bob!

AL-53
07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
If you order from DG...any order ships for 5.00....I get my orders from Dg in North Carolina to Massachusetts in 3 days....

Remember if you order...ask for samples....Ask for Jerry or Bill and tell them your palcing a order and would samples of some stuff you did not order..

AL

BlackElantraGT
07-27-2007, 05:48 PM
When they had the sale at CarQuest back in May, I remember driving around trying to find different car quests. In the end, I would have just been better off ordering online vs the time/gas spent driving around. It was nice to get out of the house a bit, but any money saved during the deal was offset by that. To top it off, the only thing I was saving money on was the car wash and the leather cleaner and conditioner, both products which I already had in my arsenal. At the very least, I finally know where some CarQuests are around here. I never even paid attention or had seen them around before.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-27-2007, 08:14 PM
Only bad thing about ordering DG products from off the shelf at either CQ, IAPA, Napa is the products have usually been sitting for quite a while... As Al-53 has said call DG and ask for Bill or Jerry, they are SUPER NICE and will spend as much time as you need.. kinda like a parent that will talk about their kid as long as you want!

$5 shipping, the opportunitty to talk to the chemist and tester, free samples = good stuff!

gotgone
07-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I have talked to Jerry everyday since I picked up the 601 and 105. Great guy. When he suggested the 601 before the 105, I told him CQ was out of it. He said if I couldn`t find it to call back. He would ship it the same day. He was the one who told me to put 601 onbefore each coat of 105.

wannafbody
07-27-2007, 10:38 PM
The Carquest in Moon Twp carries a lot of DG products but I`ve never seen the 105. They do have the Marine AIO. I`ve never had a chance to stop in Cranberry so I`m not sure what they stock.