PDA

View Full Version : 303 or Optimum Protectant Plus?

plasteredbassis
07-26-2007, 08:11 PM
I`ve been reading about both of these products and can`t decide which I should use...has anyone tried both of these? Im just looking for something low gloss but with high UV protection as I live in FL. Also I can get 303 OTC at West Marine so if Optimum is better is it better in the sense that I would need to have it shipped? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

dfwgixxer
07-26-2007, 08:16 PM
I have both and I prefer Optimum but 303 seems to be more popular.

a.k.a. Patrick
07-26-2007, 09:52 PM
Optimum is also new and improved..........either way is a win win.

RCBuddha
07-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Optimum is also new and improved..........either way is a win win.

Did they improve the smell? I`d take the 303 over the Optimum if they haven`t.

ssmokn
07-26-2007, 10:20 PM
I`ve been reading about both of these products and can`t decide which I should use...has anyone tried both of these? Im just looking for something low gloss but with high UV protection as I live in FL. Also I can get 303 OTC at West Marine so if Optimum is better is it better in the sense that I would need to have it shipped? Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I`ve never tried Optimum so I can`t compare but I use 303 all the time and regular applications will certainly provide you with UV protection. 303 is a good product.

es350
07-26-2007, 10:32 PM
I have used 303 and just ordered the New OPP. The New OPP is supposed to smell better (like leather) and is supposed to apply easier (slightly thicker so it won`t run or drip). I should get the New OPP in a few days and will report back.

303 is ok. Getting 303 to apply without streaking and looking blotchy can be tough especially in a black interior like mine. I also don`t care for the smell of 303. I`m hoping the New OPP is better!

plasteredbassis
07-26-2007, 11:29 PM
I have both and I prefer Optimum but 303 seems to be more popular.

Any particular reason you prefer the optimum? Ease of application, smell, look?

I have used 303 and just ordered the New OPP. The New OPP is supposed to smell better (like leather) and is supposed to apply easier (slightly thicker so it won`t run or drip). I should get the New OPP in a few days and will report back.

303 is ok. Getting 303 to apply without streaking and looking blotchy can be tough especially in a black interior like mine. I also don`t care for the smell of 303. I`m hoping the New OPP is better!

Please keep me informed as soon as I get enough input Im going to be getting either one of these thanks for all the replies so far!

Also I know 303 is water proof or at least water resistant is optimum as well?

a.k.a. Patrick
07-27-2007, 12:16 AM
The new OPP has a slightly thicker consistency, and a light leather scent.

es350
07-27-2007, 01:00 AM
I can`t wait for my gallon bottle of the new OPP to arrive!

BTW, I spoke to David G at Optimum when ordering. David is a super nice, helpful guy that is also the creator of the Optimum products. It is great to be able to speak directly with the Optimum line guru about existing and new products. It is even better to know that Optimum continually improves their products. I learned through my conversation with David that Optimum listens to user feedback and can more easily improve their products because Optimum creates and manufactures their own products in their own facilities.

I was introduced to Optimum through their ONR product and I`m glad I stayed around to try their other products.

93AccordLXwhite
07-27-2007, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know what the price difference is between the OPP and 303? I know the 303 is pretty pricey which is why I haven`t picked up a bottle yet..

es350
07-27-2007, 01:21 AM
The new OPP is pretty reasonable at about $30 per gallon. I think 303 is about $60 per gallon.

danielrainbow
07-27-2007, 01:28 AM
Dear Purchasing Manager,

We are glad to know you are famous car care products importer or wholesaler from chamber of commerce.

We are pleased to introduce us as one of the largest professional spray paint and leading car care products manufacturers in Asia with 12years history. We can provide below good quality products to you for selection:

□ Anti-Rust Lubricant □ Leather & Tyre Wax

□ Engine Degreaser □ Foaming Tyre Rejuvenator

□ Carburetor Strong Cleaner □ Hard wax & Soft Wax □ Brake Cleaner

Our excellent quality products have been exported to more than 60 countries and regions across the world including Japanese and European market with OEM or customized service.

For more details of our products, welcome to view our website at: -ÉÃÛÚÃ`ÃÂÃ`ÂÃÂÂàÂÂÂÂÉÂÃÓÃÃÞÂÂà Â-×ÔÂÂÃ…ÃÃ`ÃÃ…ÃÀ Ã×ÂÀÂÂÃ`ÂÃÃÂÃàÖÃÂÄÃÃÃ`ÃÂÂÂÂÀà `ÂÃ’ÂÓÂÂÀÃ`ÓÃÃ`Âà €ÂÖØÂÀÂÂÃÂÃÃÄ `ÃÂØÂÃÃ`à (http://www.rainbowvc.com) or -ÉÃÛÚÃ`ÃÂÃ`ÂÃÂÂàÂÂÂÂÉÂÃÓÃÃÞÂÂà Â-×ÔÂÂÃ…ÃÃ`ÃÃ…ÃÀ Ã×ÂÀÂÂÃ`ÂÃÃÂÃàÖÃÂÄÃÃÃ`ÃÂÂÂÂÀà `ÂÃ’ÂÓÂÂÀÃ`ÓÃÃ`Âà €ÂÖØÂÀÂÂÃÂÃÃÄ `ÃÂØÂÃÃ`à (http://www.7cf.com)

Any inquiry please do feel free to send email to us at: daniel@rainbowvc.com

Thanks & Best Regards,

Yours Faithfully,

Daniel Lee

Sales Manager

International Trade Dept.

Email: daniel@rainbowvc.com

rainbow_vc@hotmail.com

Mobile: +86-138 2881 1257

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

China Rainbow Group

Shenzhen Rainbow Fine Chemical Industry Co., Ltd

Address: Rainbow Industrial Park, Shangwu , Shiyan Town,Bao’an District,

Shenzhen, China 518108

Tel: +86-755-33236820, Fax: +86-755-33236828

Website: -ÉÃÛÚÃ`ÃÂÃ`ÂÃÂÂàÂÂÂÂÉÂÃÓÃÃÞÂÂà Â-×ÔÂÂÃ…ÃÃ`ÃÃ…ÃÀ Ã×ÂÀÂÂÃ`ÂÃÃÂÃàÖÃÂÄÃÃÃ`ÃÂÂÂÂÀà `ÂÃ’ÂÓÂÂÀÃ`ÓÃÃ`Âà €ÂÖØÂÀÂÂÃÂÃÃÄ `ÃÂØÂÃÃ`à (http://www.rainbowvc.com) , -ÉÃÛÚÃ`ÃÂÃ`ÂÃÂÂàÂÂÂÂÉÂÃÓÃÃÞÂÂà Â-×ÔÂÂÃ…ÃÃ`ÃÃ…ÃÀ Ã×ÂÀÂÂÃ`ÂÃÃÂÃàÖÃÂÄÃÃÃ`ÃÂÂÂÂÀà `ÂÃ’ÂÓÂÂÀÃ`ÓÃÃ`Âà €ÂÖØÂÀÂÂÃÂÃÃÄ `ÃÂØÂÃÃ`à (http://www.7cf.com)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rainbow: The largest professional aerosol spray paint and car care products manufacturer & exporter in Asia!