PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried DP Paint Sealant?

hXc drummer23
07-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Is it any good? Im thinking about buying it.

Paulie Walnuts
07-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I havent but I have read good things about it over the months here. I would suggest Jeff Werkstats over it though, many more positive reviews.

imported_themightytimmah
07-26-2007, 05:22 PM
I`ve got a bottle of it somewhere around here... it`s a fine product, but there`s better out there.

Scottwax
07-26-2007, 06:20 PM
I`ve used the original version, seems for all intents and pursposes to be UPP at a lower price. How the original version compares to the current version, I have no idea.

Mikeyc
07-26-2007, 09:09 PM
I got one of the bottles they were giving away at Autogeek when the new version was released. Personally, I think it`s just OK (but I`m not a big fan of sealants in general). It looks fine and was super easy to apply/remove. My big complaint is that the instructions recommend you let it haze for 45 minutes after application and if the car gets wet within 48 hours (or maybe it was 24 hours I can`t remember) of application then you need to reapply because water is the carrier in this sealant.

Bobjones
07-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I have it and I like it. Most sealants incl Wolf Gang Deep Gloss, say no water for 24 hours. I also do this for waxes. I am a fan of sealants on cars that do not get alot of attention, and on others I usually prefer sealant then a wax. The new version of the sealant is better and durability is good, nothing lasts for ever!!