PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting a new detailer company using Zymol products

gixerjones
07-25-2007, 07:05 AM
We are thinking of starting a new detailing company in a country that doesnt seem to have this product, so we are planning on building the business around all the Zymol products, do you think this wise and what other options are there. This country has a high denisty of super cars and high end vehicles.

imported_Jakerooni
07-25-2007, 07:12 AM
I`d say if your in an economy that can get outrageous prices for extreamly overpriced products then by all means go ahead. I personally couldn`t see charging someone a $1000 for a detail just to cover the cost of my products. But if you can get I say go for it

coupe
07-25-2007, 07:25 AM
Bad idea. Its not about the products you use but the end result that you can achieve.

Cooter
07-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Zymol makes some great stuff but they sure are anal about their products. Coupe gave some great advice. You can get as good or better results with alot of products out on the market. And there is a gazillion great products out there. Good news is, you`ve come to the right place to find out about them.

Jngrbrdman
07-25-2007, 08:29 AM
Bad idea. Its not about the products you use but the end result that you can achieve.

Exactly. Don`t let that fact that someone in an area that clearly has too much money and not enough detailers lead you to believe that Zymol is the only way to get those results. The wax is only part of the process. Properly preping for the wax is the key to perfect results. Zymol isn`t going to get swirls and scratches out or remove oxidation. Just because they have super cars and high end vehicles doesn`t mean they are willing to spend thousands on having them detailed. Rich people are some of the cheapest people I`ve ever worked for. Why do you think they are rich to begin with?

Zymol does not deliver results that justify the cost of their waxes. Why pay $1800 for a wax that delivers the same results as a $30 wax? I would bet you anything that you can`t tell the difference between something like Zymol Vintage and Pinnacle Souveran. I feel confident saying that because I have Zymol Vintage and I`ve compared it side by side to several waxes. Any difference that Vintage provides would be imperceptible to a customer. It simply isn`t worth it.

imported_Bence
07-25-2007, 09:30 AM
...and when you want to be a licensed detailer, Zymol will ask juicy fees...

imported_DieselMDX
07-25-2007, 09:54 AM
if you can get the people who want/care about using zymol then it works but most people dont know what zymol is really all about so there for u r just cutting into your profits.

gixerjones
07-25-2007, 05:02 PM
thanks for your comments guys, so looking at other discussions re zymol, its is not the be all and end all of detailing but if we can mix and match with other products to produce the car to a stage where it would then benefit from a zymol finish then that sounds like the ideal. again point taken rich people stay rich! still see sl55 amg`s in line for an eight quid car wash with a guy with a bucket and sponge

imported_Bence
07-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I`d read these threads first:

Websites and Links - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36939)

The z word???? - Detailing World (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=36952)

wannafbody
07-25-2007, 09:10 PM
the bottom line is a detailing business is all about charging the highest possible price to those who don`t have the time or don`t want to take the time to wash, polish and wax their car. If you can charge $1000 or more per car and run a financially successful business then go for it. If your customer is willing to pay you that amount of money then DON`T HESITATE TAKING IT.

lbls1
07-25-2007, 10:28 PM
Want to know what I think??? I think that you should decide what you would think is best for your venture. You will not really get a reliable answer to your specific question from online opinions, although any input can help.

Sorry, but Zymol DOES bring in the results. If you can find customers that can appreciate the qualities of zymol, then I think you could possibly build a successful venture out of it.

Effort and work does bring in the results, but the quality of your products will be a factor in deciding how well your service and results will be.

I say go for it. You may want to investigate any restrictions or limits that Zymol may have if you intend to advertise with their name or products. Good luck.

Stratous
08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
I`m a couple days late, but I would like to say something...

I would not be smart to base a detail business on one product line...

However it could be benefitial to OFFER Zymol to high end clients.

Scottwax
08-14-2007, 10:36 PM
What you might want to do is invest in a couple jars of Zymol and use it to sell some high end details and see how well it is received.