PDA

View Full Version : How long after Opti-Seal can you wax?

3Wheeler
07-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi all,

After a long Autopia hiatus :nixweiss , I`ve recently been reading the site again -- man a lot can happen product-wise in a couple of years!

Anyway, I`ve decided to give the Optimum product line a go, and have ordered a UDM, Poli-Seal, Opti-Seal, and Natty`s Red.

I`ve seen posts where carnauba is layered on after Opti-Seal, and Opti-Seal after carnauba, but I haven`t been able to find a post stating how long you should let Opti-Seal dry for before applying carnauba.

The closest I could come was this thread http://autopia.org/forum/detailing-product-discussion/93864-streaking-opti-seal-best-method-get-rid.html, where Scottwax says that you should let Opti-Seal dry for about half an hour before putting on another coat of Opti-Seal.

I`m not sure whether this timing holds true for carnauba as well, though. Anyone know?

imported_DieselMDX
07-24-2007, 05:13 PM
I dont know for sure I think it would be 24hrs just to be sure proper curing time.

Adam's Polishes
07-24-2007, 05:16 PM
I`ve gone over the top of optiseal within 2 hours of application with no ill effects... for what its worth. You probably could go over it sooner, but I haven`t tried.

mg031
07-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I remember reading that Opti-Seal cures fairly fast, like in a few hours so i think it is fine to layer a carnauba on top and even quicker to do a layer of OS after the first OS application.

Scottwax
07-24-2007, 06:03 PM
I agree with the others, a few hours should be fine. However, I`d wait a full 24 hours and wash the car before applying Opti-Seal over a carnauba.

3Wheeler
07-25-2007, 02:37 AM
Thx for the quick help, guys :bigups

Hopefully it`ll turn out well enough to "click and brag" :)