PDA

View Full Version : just detailed range rover still small scratches

ipaqman2005
07-24-2007, 03:27 AM
hey all,

So I finished detailing my black range rover sport but there are still small scratches that appear. here is what I did:

CAR WASH

KLASSE AIO

KLASSE SEALENT

CLEARKOTE VANILLA MOUSE WAX

P21S CARNAUBA WAX

All of this was done using a porter cable. I do have the whole poorboys ssr kit 2.5, 2, 1, and tried it for a second but didnt seem to do anything. This is my first time using a PC and wanted to know if there is a trick to removing these small scratches using the poorboys ssr kit.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ipaqman

tod071
07-24-2007, 03:52 AM
First tip is not to proceed further if there are scratches still present. You should have stopped after the AIO and moved onto the SSR 2.5.

Basically, if you want to work the scratches now, you will negate everything that was done. How long did you work the SSR? when you use the PC, you need time and patience. It`s not going to happen after 1 pass. Move slowly, 1" per sec, overlapping strokes.

Do you have any pics of the scratches? Please remember that if your fingernail can get stuck while moving over it, it may not be able to remove it.

ipaqman2005
07-24-2007, 03:57 AM
there are only small scratches on the hood of the car thats it so its not a big deal to re do that part. I worked the ssr for about 15 seconds in a sweeping motion. is that the right way to do it? is it possible that you can do more damage if you`ve never used a pc before?

tod071
07-24-2007, 04:03 AM
Not really. I won`t say it`s impossible, but its pretty hard to do damage unless you`re putting all your weight and holding it in one spot for 5 minutes.

Just go over the area again. Work the area for a little more than 15secs, maybe about 5 minutes :nervous2: Move very slow while putting about 15-25lbs of pressure. From past experiences, SSR dusts quite a bit, so if it does, spritz your pad lightly with distilled water. Not too much though. If your pad cakes up, either clean it or get a new one. btw, what color is the pad you`re using? The key to this is slow and patient. You probably didn`t work the SSR long enough. Did I mention `take your time`? :grinno:

bwlucas
07-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Autogeek has some nice online video instruction that I used. It shows you visually how to work the polish in using a PC 7424.

autogeek - Google Video (http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=autogeek+&hl=en)