PDA

View Full Version : does pledge work on a car to shine it up

buffer28
06-07-2005, 09:36 PM
i have heard when you shine a black car up with pledge it makes it glow. has anyone done this ???????????

GregCavi
06-07-2005, 09:42 PM
I would definatly not reccomend doing this. IT sounds like a non detailer myth. Im guessing there is alot of thing in pledge that wont jive with your paint.

Greg

buffer28
06-07-2005, 09:50 PM
i have tried it on my own black car belive it or not. it works great but after a day or so ,its a dust magnet i have been detailing cars for over 12 years.its sounds crazy to use pledge but it works . i was just experimenting

CharlesW
06-07-2005, 09:50 PM
i have heard when you shine a black car up with pledge it makes it glow. has anyone done this ???????????No, but I have seen it done on boats and snowmobiles at two different dealerships. I have also seen a QD type of product used at motorcycle shops that I think is almost pure silicone and comes off with the first wash. It is supposed to wash off easily after the unit is sold.

IMO, you can buy products that will do a better job and are intended for painted surfaces. I still use Meguiar`s Final Detail on the Vette if I`m headed for a Graffiti night.:)

Charles

JaredPointer
06-08-2005, 07:18 AM
I agree with Charles. They make QD`s for vehicles and Pledge for furniture. Use the right tool for the job.