PDA

View Full Version : Z-AIO causes Window haze?

Radian78
07-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Greetings!

On the last couple cars I detailed, I noticed a strange haze appearing after applying Z-AIO to the windows. (sorry no pics yet on this)

I applied it to the paint and glass at the same time, then buffed out after waiting until it wipes off clear. However it leaves a hazy appearance on the windows, no matter if I use Z6 afterwards. I`ve resorted to using Invisible Glass to clean it up, which works okay.

Has anyone else experienced problems using Z-AIO on (outside) windows? Is it not meant for glass?

Thx!

Setec Astronomy
07-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I had this haziness on paint yesterday. It was my first time with Z-AIO, I applied by PC white LC pad, speed 4.5 :nixweiss

simracer
07-23-2007, 04:52 PM
I think we`ve been told that it does work on glass and I`ve had no problems with it as far as actually cleaning and hazing afterward.

However, when I`ve applied ZAIO to the windshield, the protective layer almost seems to cause the wipers to glide over the windshield and not effectively remove all the moisture on the windshield.

I might try another set of wipers since I`m probably due anyway, but if that doesn`t work I`ll be doing what I can to get ZAIO off the windshield.

gmblack3
07-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Never any haze here. All the cars I detail get ZAIO on the side and rear glass. I don`t put anything on the front glass.

Are you using very little?

Scottwax
07-23-2007, 07:05 PM
Try using less. You need very little product to cover an area. If after running your buffer over the section 3-4 times it still looks like it needs to be worked, you are using too much. It won`t disappear like Prime or Poli-Seal does but it will definitely look a lot more clear as you work it.

wannafbody
07-23-2007, 09:10 PM
I would suggest using a PC to apply -just 5 or 6 dots on the pad and work it in an area and then apply 5 or 6 more dots and work it in an area. Continue until the vehicle is finished.

Macruz19
07-24-2007, 06:44 AM
I use the dot method to apply Z-AIO on a LC white pad and I`ve never have issues unless I`m working on a dark car like black. My car being Anthracite (gray), I`ve never experienced any haze on mine.