PDA

View Full Version : I need a glaze with 0 cleaning power...

Pages : [1] 2 3

danforz
07-23-2007, 12:55 AM
I`ve considered the following:

1) Danase Wet Glaze

2) EZCream Glaze

3) RMG

I know that 2 and 3 have light cleaning properties, but I`m worried they`ll remove the previous work I`ve done (I`m layering this over 8 layers of Zaino). Does Danase Wet Glaze have any cleaning power? Is there another glaze out there with out cleaning power that I may consider??

Thanks!

stiffdogg06
07-23-2007, 01:02 AM
Danase Wet Glaze is a pure gloss enhancer. It isn`t a polish and it sure isn`t a glaze like you have ever used before. It is made with acrylic polymers that form a very strong bond to the vehicles surface so you are sure it will not wash away like other glazes. The polymers also allow Wet Glaze to do something that you can`t even think about doing with other glazes. They allow it to be topped with a wax or sealant without any bonding or application issues! That means to streaky mess when trying to wax or seal on top of this glaze! Top Wet Glaze with your favorite wax or sealant for added protection and appearance...OR you can even use Wet Glaze on top of your favorite wax or sealant for added durability and appearance to them as well! And if that isn`t enough Wet Glaze also repels dust! Wet Glaze applies so easy that is almost seems to melt right into the paint. You won`t believe how wet your vehicle looks after an application of Wet Glaze.

I`ve heard a lot of good things about DWG. So that is my choice. I also believe that that the RMG will remove some layers of protection...

danforz
07-23-2007, 01:04 AM
Danase Wet Glaze is a pure gloss enhancer. It isn`t a polish and it sure isn`t a glaze like you have ever used before. It is made with acrylic polymers that form a very strong bond to the vehicles surface so you are sure it will not wash away like other glazes. The polymers also allow Wet Glaze to do something that you can`t even think about doing with other glazes. They allow it to be topped with a wax or sealant without any bonding or application issues! That means to streaky mess when trying to wax or seal on top of this glaze! Top Wet Glaze with your favorite wax or sealant for added protection and appearance...OR you can even use Wet Glaze on top of your favorite wax or sealant for added durability and appearance to them as well! And if that isn`t enough Wet Glaze also repels dust! Wet Glaze applies so easy that is almost seems to melt right into the paint. You won`t believe how wet your vehicle looks after an application of Wet Glaze.

I`ve heard a lot of good things about DWG. So that is my choice.

Before I figured out you had just copy pasted the description I thought you were trying to sell me the product lol. Yes I read that as well, and noticed it said that it can be layered over a wax, but I am left somewhat curious. RMG`s website doesn`t specify anything about cleaning abilities, and CG page lists the cleaning abilities of EZCream only once. So I`m worried that product descriptions alone will not suffice... I have 6 layers of z5 and will soon have another 2 layers of CS. If I remove any of that because I`m adding a glaze, i`ll shoot myself :shocked :shocked :shocked :shocked

stiffdogg06
07-23-2007, 01:06 AM
The next option would be to personally call CG`s and/ord Danase.

danforz
07-23-2007, 01:07 AM
The next option would be to personally call CG`s and/ord Danase.

Yea, Pete will be hearing from me tomorrow regarding the topic. I`m hoping Danase will chime in on this thread.

stiffdogg06
07-23-2007, 01:08 AM
Sounds good! Now post some pictures of the 5-8 layers of Zaino.:grinno:

imported_truzoom
07-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Meguiar`s #7?

I know it has a reputation that isn`t particularly great, but the stuff can really do wonders to restore some depth back to paint..

danforz
07-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Sounds good! Now post some pictures of the 5-8 layers of Zaino.:grinno:

Just let me get one or two more layers of z5/ZCS on there and I will :grinno:

Alfisti
07-23-2007, 04:45 AM
RMG has cleaning ability according Everett @ Clearkote.

Mothers Sealer & Glaze is an excellent OTC glaze as is Megs equivalent. You don`t have to go boutique to get good results these days.

DM101
07-23-2007, 08:34 AM
Where did you get that from? What your looking for is a pure polish. Meguiare`s #3, 7, and 80 are pure polishes. They have 0 cleaning power. But will only last a few days on top of a LSP. I have verified that with Megs support several times talking to several different people.

I`ve heard a lot of good things about DWG. So that is my choice. I also believe that that the RMG will remove some layers of protection...

DM101
07-23-2007, 08:49 AM
#2 and 3 definitely have cleaning power. I wonder about CGuys ONE?.......ZZ

coupe
07-23-2007, 09:18 AM
Where did you get that from? What your looking for is a pure polish. Meguiare`s #3, 7, and 80 are pure polishes. They have 0 cleaning power. But will only last a few days on top of a LSP. I have verified that with Megs support several times talking to several different people.

#80 is an abbrasive polish, no where near a pure polish.

DM101
07-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Dang, I am getting old #81 is the Hand Glaze!!! Thanks Coupe!!!

#80 is an abbrasive polish, no where near a pure polish.

Accumulator
07-23-2007, 01:16 PM
Yeah, the nonabrasive "pure polishes"/glazes from Meguiar`s are: #3/#5/#7/#81/Deep Crystal Step #2.

But IME *all* of these and effect some very mild cleaning through solvent action and the "scrubbing" from the application media, so you still have to be a little gentle with `em to avoid affecting underlying products.

We used to use #7 as a "nonabrasive cleaner" back in the days of ss and yeah, it *did* clean stuff off the paint. I don`t *think* these products would compromise a layered sealant or even a healthy coat of wax, but I`d still be sorta gentle with `em.

steelwind101
07-23-2007, 01:32 PM
RMG wont clean by hand.

Applying over Zaino?? It will just wipe off, the oils cannot penetrate your protective sealant. They may fill any minor gaps and holes in the Zaino.

My bet is you will just push the RMG about on the surface and end up with alot red haze/dust.

Geoff