PDA

View Full Version : Where to wash my car

pwgphoto
06-10-2003, 08:08 PM
Well after buying my new/used 2000 passat GLX 1 month ago I am back in the car cleaning detailing game after a 5 year absence. I had a 89 GMC Jimmy that had was maybe washed 6 times in the last 6 years. Lots of rust and peeling paint, not really worth the trouble.

The problem is now I live in a condo with no hose or outdoor electric. It makes bucket/sponge washing difficult. I have gone to the local car wash with the bays, sprayers and that filthy brush. I would not let that thing touch my car. I can do a bucket wash there but it takes many quarters and I always run out of water. You only get 4 minutes for 7 quarters and they don`t like you doing iot if they are busy.

Where do you guys go? I can do a lot of the hand waxing/detailing outside my condo but no electic buffer or shopvac. Is there car washes that let you use a hose?

Thanks
Paul

Webb
06-10-2003, 09:15 PM
I`ll do my Girlfriend`s car at the bay car washing place,just bringing a couple buckets and fill them with water,not touching that brush either :p

CharlesW
06-10-2003, 09:24 PM
Two alternatives come to mind.
1. Poorboy`s Spray & Wipe, which is a waterless wash product.
2. ProtectAll`s Quick & Easy Wash, which is a low water use wash.

Both products have worked fine for me, but I have never used either product on a really dirty vehicle. Use the wand washing place to take off the heavy accumulation of dirt. Hit the wheels, tires, and wheel wells with the wand, then finish up with either the Spray & Wipe or the QEW.
So far I haven`t been able to get myself to try either product after the vehicles have been covered with a weeks worth of bad weather crud. Some people do and seem to have no problem with doing it.

pwgphoto
06-10-2003, 09:57 PM
They ought to have a place where you can go and instead of the sprayer, just have a hose and rent the place in 15 minute blocks. That way you could bucket/sponge wash and it would probably take less water. At the regular car wash I waste a lot of water just spraying out the soap or other mixutre that happens to be left in the nozzle when I get there.

Paul