PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an A+ level detailer in Los Angeles

Pages : [1] 2

ceiol
07-22-2007, 08:54 PM
I love detailing... 10+ yrs ago, I used to make decent money doing it.

I just spent 8 hours detailing my M3 yesterday, and today my back is freakin` killing me. I need to detail my other car (even sweeter than the M3), but there`s no way that I have the health to do it.

Most detailers that I`ve dealt with here in LA are total hacks -- and they left my car full of swirls, halos, etc. I am a true car nut and being a former detailer myself, I know too much.

for my M3, I did:

interior: the works, lexol, invisible glass inside & out, BMW gummipfledge on the rubber seals

outside: lake country pads and my trust PC

OCC, then OCP, then pink moose (read about that one here), then PB natty`s blue wax x 2 coats (for that candy-coated look)

wheels: Klasse AIO+SG, tires: meg`s insane shine

and raggtop for the roof.

I think it looks great, especially since my car is an 03 with 58k miles and is parked outside all day (in a garage at night). I managed to get 95% of the swirl marks/defects out of the car, but my back was killing me and I couldn`t do the type of job that I wanted to do.

My other car is bright red and is a garage queen -- less than 2K miles a year. It`s already in great shape, but from regular washing, it has some very mild surface swirlies -- the type that are mostly hidden with a nice coat of souveran wax.

If you know of a good detailer (who is autopia level good), let me know. I`m sorry to admit it, but I need to hang-up my hat (and put away my PC), because I just can`t physically take the work. I`m in Brentwood (westside/santa monica/westwood).

MaximusZTS
07-23-2007, 12:17 AM
If you want I can help you out. Drop me a line.

optimusp517
07-23-2007, 12:36 AM
Have you hit up spoiledman yet? I think he`s in your neck of the wood.

imported_artikxscout
07-23-2007, 12:39 AM
bunch of detailers down in LA too.

ZoranC
07-23-2007, 12:48 AM
In no particular order, from the top of my head, in addition to MaximusZTS, there are also SpoiledMan, a.k.a Patrick (no, that doesn`t mean SpoiledMan is also known as Patrick, a.k.a Patrick is different person, that`s an actual nick), OctaneGuy, and SuperiorFine.

skitelluride531
07-23-2007, 12:59 AM
I would highly recommend Octane Guy.

sevenrd
07-23-2007, 01:39 AM
I`m in L.A. You can check my post history to find examples of my work.

stilez
07-23-2007, 06:57 AM
SpoiledMan, Superior Shine. Either will take their time, do it right.

Didn`t you used to live in Miami?

imported_john1c
07-23-2007, 11:26 AM
PM sent! I can gladly assist you

SpoiledMan
07-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys! Well you have a list to choose from. :)

hknubsauce
07-26-2007, 12:11 PM
any detailers in the 626 area code...im looking for someone to do 2 interior jobs...sorry to jack your thread btw...

Rats13
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Spoiledman worked on my BMW 330 a couple of months ago and did my wife`s Lexus Rx330 this weekend. HIGHLY recommended. :bounce :bounce :bounce

LazerRed1
07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
It would be nice to have a sticky where the pros could post where they are, contact info, etc.

vandit23
07-31-2007, 07:17 PM
Just came back from Chemical Guys, and they were amazing...Their customer service was top notch...They were honest, and didn`t try to sell me anything...I also wanted some tips on what products to use on a botche hood that the carwash ```````s did, and the guy was so honest, and told me to come back when some of the more experienced guys were there...They, primarily, only sell products, but I asked if they did the detailing there, too...They DO detail, but you would have to call in.

This was my first time there, but based on their honesty and reputation on some of the forums, I think it wouldn`t hurt to give them an interview...

a.k.a. Patrick
07-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Be it a good or bad opinion, CG`s reputation is widely know here, already.