PDA

View Full Version : 2001 VW paint swirls

orionz06
07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
well, i hit the VW with some #80 and #83, with almost perfect results after 4 passes of 83, and 3 of 80......following the same process i have used on many many other vehicles with perfect results.....what is the issue with today? the weather was perfect and there was no drying, i was able to work the stuff to near perfection, you know when it it nice and oily and almost like spreading butter over the paint...yeah, just like that....

but i just cant seem to get it perfect, and then there are some other spots (vertical surfaces) that are horrendous after removing all the old nxt via clay bar....octagonal swirls....not circular, but straight lines....

there has to be a better system than meguiars for this paint?

i intend to finish with wolfgang sealant and some liquid souveran when i am happy, but until then, i am no where near happy.....

any suggestions for a new compound and pad system? i am open to most anything....if i am told to get _____ and ____ pads, im there....i am short of taking it to a paint shop, but i know i can do it based on the trunk, but the doors seem to be tough....

thanks in advance.!!!

Thomas Dekany
07-22-2007, 08:32 PM
are you using a rotary???

orionz06
07-22-2007, 08:43 PM
pc 7424.....

Thomas Dekany
07-22-2007, 09:05 PM
you will need a rotary