PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Products

istyle
07-22-2007, 04:51 PM
I think it`s about time for my `07 IS` first true detailing. I`ve washed and waxed it regularly since new, and the paint is still in excellent condition. However, I have a brand new PC 7424 sitting in my garage that I`d really like to put to use. Up until now, I`ve been polishing and waxing by hand. After reading through the forums, I envy the deep, "wet" look that you guys achieve through polishing. Here`s what I`ve been using up until now:

Wash: Sonus Gloss Shampoo w/ Sonus Der Wunder Mitt

Dry: Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towels

Wax: P21S Carnauba Wax

I just purchased the Sonus SFX Ultra-Fine Detailing Clay and Sonus SFX-2 Enhance Polish/pads. This will be my first attempt at clay-barring and machine polishing.

Will I be able to achieve the deep, "wet" look I`m looking for using the above products? Can anyone suggest better products I can use?

Thanks in advance.

MatrixXRS
07-22-2007, 06:36 PM
Welcome to Autopia!

You`re definitely on the right track. There`s really no be all-end all product combination to achieve the "wet" look you`re looking for. Much of it is trial and error until you find the combination that you like the best. In general, a good carnauba (like P21s) will give you more of that "wet" look you`re trying to achieve, but its durability is not as good as a synthetic sealant (like Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection).

Depending on the condition of your paint, you may not even need a polishing step. You may just be able to clay, then go to a paint cleaner (such as Klasse All-In-One, Jeff Werkstatt`s Prime/Prime Strong, Sonus Paintwork Cleanser, etc.) then finish out with the P21s. Maintain the finish with a good QD (like Finish Kare 425, Meg`s Ultimate Quik Detailer, etc.) and you should be good to go.

Have fun!

LazerRed1
07-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I just used P21S yesterday. It looks great, obviously can`t comment on the durability yet. Goes on and off easy. Just follow instructions. On thin and don`t wait too long to wipe off.