PDA

View Full Version : You just can`t help some people...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Adam's Polishes
07-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I just got back from a quick run to sears... needed a new water filter for the fridge and I wanted to pick up a second halogen light + tripod so I can stop dragging it from one side to the other. Anyhoo... when I pull up theres a guy getting out of a pretty nice looking black NNBS Esky on 24`s... black caddy, grill, tint, drop, etc... all around nice lookin` esky. He parked in the aisle behind me and he was dealing with pulling his two little girls out of the back seat so I didn`t want to bug him.

Ran inside, got what I needed and headed back to the Blazer. On my to my ride I purposely walked up one aisle short so I could get a closer look at the esky. As I came up on it the late afternoon sun hit it and MY GAWD!! Swirled and scratched to death... not the normal stuff... like someone had tried to buff it out and didn`t have a clue what they were doing. Lots of holograms and buffer damage is what it most likely was... I normally wouldn`t have thought much of it b/c you see stuff like this all the time: Nice ride but the owner doesn`t take care of it. The thing that made me think was as nice of a ride as it was and as clean as the paint and chrome were other than the scratches it seemed the guy could use some help. So after getting to the blazer and loading my stuff up I drove back around, jumped out and stuck one of my business cards on his window. I wrote a note on the back:

"Hey man... you`ve got yourself a beautiful looking esky here. If you ever need help getting those scratches and swirls out gimme a call. Take it easy."

On my 10 minute drive back home my cell rings, I don`t recognize the #... answer... its him... and the first words out of his mouth are "WHO THE **** DO YOU THINK YOU ARE *******?!?!" I didn`t even know how to respond (which is unusual for me)

For the next couple of minutes he just rants on how he knows how to take care of his ride and he doesn`t need some no body ******* to offer him help. Trying to be the bigger man and not sully my business` name I simply told him I was sorry I offended him and I meant it as a compliment, if he didn`t need or want my services then there was no need to get heated.

He used a few more choice words before he hung up on me. I couldn`t believe it.... seemed like a really out of control reaction to me. Oh well... let him drive his ****in swirled up ````box around... I hope his paint falls off. :bat

bjlee
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
:har:

Ok, that just plain made me laugh. Too bad too. But `tis true that you just can`t hlep some people. Consider it a blessing - That would be the kind of customer who would have accused you of damaging his car.

Adam's Polishes
07-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Yer probably right... based on that reaction I`m sure hes not the most reasonable person in the world.

AmF_15
07-21-2007, 08:59 PM
:wow: now that last part was funny to me but thats a really ******* thing to do on his part. All I can say is there are a lot of mean/rude people here in Cali.

ej8tunerman
07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I think what probably angered him the most is the fact that you asked him if he ever wanted to remove those scratches and swirls to give you a call. He probably took that as an insult.

Adam's Polishes
07-21-2007, 09:06 PM
I think what probably angered him the most is the fact that you asked him if he ever wanted to remove those scratches and swirls to give you a call. He probably took that as an insult.

I`d agree if the thing didn`t look like it had been polished with 30 grit and a bucket of gravel... it was an obvious flaw and its not like I said:

"Hey jerkoff... looks like you`re clueless... why don`t you let me see if I can polish this turd for you"

If he doesn`t have a problem with it then thats fine, but the reaction was unjustified IMO.

AmF_15
07-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Couldn`t agree more.

BlackElantraGT
07-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Sounds like you offered your assistance in a nice way, but most likely he`s one of those people that could care less if his paint was swirled or not. They just want a shiny car. He probably washes and babies it himself (improperly) so when you tell him it scratched and swirled, it`s an insult to him.

You win some you lose some. You`re better off not doing business with a person like that. At least you didn`t get shot at! :D People take their road rage here in SoCal to a whole other level.

BlueLibby04
07-22-2007, 12:09 AM
Yea, sounds like the guy was stuck up. Be glad you didnt get his business and nor do I believe he deserved such work as an autopian would put out. :grinno:

ZoranC
07-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Keep in mind, when you approach guy that is obviously into bragging with appearance telling him his vehicle has flaws is same as telling him his vehicle looks like sh!t. You just pushed his most sensitive button where it hurts most. His reaction was very predictable because it was very human. Your approach needs refining.

BigAl3
07-22-2007, 01:01 AM
for reasons like that, i would prefer to talk to them in person if at all possible. you just don`t know how people will react to ANYTHING these days...

imported_FMINUS
07-22-2007, 01:09 AM
Welcome to California!

phamkl
07-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Black Escalade, dropped, sitting on 24" chrome wheels.

That should tell you a lot about the owner. That setup makes a pointless vehicle, a luxurious utility vehicle, into a worthless vehicle, one that can`t even perform what it was supposedly designed to do. It`s too low to offroad, the wheels are too large to ride comfortably, the size and weight of the chromies are like anchors to the engine, and in all, it just thunders around drinking more than its fair share of gas.

One so vain as to drop a `lade and run 24" chromies is probably an always right, self riteous, sky-high nosed snobby-*** mofo; I wouldn`t knowingly go near any of these drivers.

Of course, I generalize. But I`ve yet to encounter anyone who drives such a car, who is cool, in any sense of the word.

Scott301
07-22-2007, 01:48 AM
Some people are also hot heads always looking for someone else to vent on. Maybe his kids had him at his limit and you became the outlet. Not right but I`m amazed how some folks are. I don`t know how you kept your cool.

A+ for trying though.

Brad

ssmokn
07-22-2007, 07:45 AM
I`d be happy if I had that vehicle and you put your card on it. I would probably end up giving you the business to correct.

He is not a customer you want to deal with anyway. You did the right thing by not lowering yourself to his level. Be nice (like you were) and forget about it. What do you care if his 50K+ ride looks like a total POS.