PDA

View Full Version : boutique shampoo/wash with hard water?

jedovaty
07-21-2007, 07:10 PM
I would like to try a "boutique" shampoo/wash, but we have very hard water here. I`ve previously used meg`s GC, and was thinking about trying out the NXT (I read somewhere it`ll soften up the water), but just for laughs, thought I`d use something not OTC.

Thank you,

Jed

shakashaunz
07-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I have tried every over the counter shampoo as well as the sonus, DP and others I can`t thik off off the top of my head and have settled for Prima Mystique. It`s the only shampoo that leaves my LSP feeling untouched. I have found that other shampoos foam much better out of my foam gun but none other that works as well overall. A close 2nd would actually be the duragloss 901, but is actually more expensive by the gallon.

My 2 pennies worth.

davenportbd
07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Fk1 118sc car wash is great for hard water and cleans extremly well, leaves no water spots in my experience but the nxt is a great car wash too.

MatrixXRS
07-21-2007, 08:11 PM
I`ve had really good luck with Duragloss #901. Nice suds and good slickness in hard water. Works great in a foam gun too...

jedovaty
07-21-2007, 08:15 PM
Hmm.. I bet I`m going to get a variety of soaps here :) I tried a search for "hard water wash" and majority of results yielded removal of hard water stains in the brag forum.

One can get duragloss at carquest, from what I`ve read.. I will drive there tomorrow to check. Would be easier and quicker than waiting for an internet order.

FYI, I do not have a foam gun, looking for basic applications here... I`m one step below "enthusiast", typical guy that just got his #2 dream car and wants to have a shot at trying to baby it. :p

JeffM
07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Concentrate on your technique then, and dont wash in the sun. NXT works pretty good with this toxic water here in florida.

shakashaunz
07-22-2007, 12:27 AM
I think you will like duragloss than. It has almost zero streaking. I find myself constantly wetting the car with anything else on 80+ degree temps.

BigAl3
07-22-2007, 12:29 AM
another vote for duragloss... :up

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0901.jpg

Jake.K
07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
agreed, i just picked up a gallon of duragloss 902, amazing.

Accumulator
07-22-2007, 01:18 PM
I first got hooked on Griot`s Car Wash back at the previous shop, which had very hard water.