PDA

View Full Version : 106 FF not cutting it. What next?

LazerRed1
07-21-2007, 04:48 PM
What a bummer! Had the day set aside to remove swirls. Stripped the lsp off, dried, started buffing. Turned on the halogen, and swirls still there. Crap.

Was using 106FF on 5" green LC CCS pad. Not touching the swirls. Tried Meguiars on the green LC. Wow, major marring. Switched to orange Edge 2000 and got rid of the marring but no help on swirls. Said to heck with it and put on a coat of P21S for now.

So, what to try now? SIP or something else? I have PO85RD I could use after the SIP to get the high gloss.

01bluecls
07-21-2007, 05:11 PM
What a bummer! Had the day set aside to remove swirls. Stripped the lsp off, dried, started buffing. Turned on the halogen, and swirls still there. Crap.

Was using 106FF on 5" green LC CCS pad. Not touching the swirls. Tried Meguiars on the green LC. Wow, major marring. Switched to orange Edge 2000 and got rid of the marring but no help on swirls. Said to heck with it and put on a coat of P21S for now.

So, what to try now? SIP or something else? I have PO85RD I could use after the SIP to get the high gloss.

106FF is relatively mild. I would definetly give SIP a try then follow it up with either 85RD or 106FF.