PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions on Glazes

Pages : [1] 2

danforz
07-21-2007, 02:14 PM
1) Can you layer a glaze? For instance using one known for its filling properties followed by one with great wetness?

2) Whats your favorite glaze for visual wetness? I`d like to put a visually stunning glaze over a filler glaze then a wax on top of all that.

imported_DieselMDX
07-21-2007, 02:17 PM
for me it is a toss up between CG ez creme and RMG

imported_bpfoley
07-21-2007, 04:05 PM
Danase Wet Glaze was by far the wettest looking glaze I have ever used.

Black Diamond
07-21-2007, 07:23 PM
+1 for Danase

Gen2
07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
1) Not sure whether glaze can be layered but multiple application tends to hide more swirls and light scratches, at the same time adds more wettness to the car.

2) For that deep wet look, I will recommand RMG and especially so if you are using carnauba wax as your lsp.

AngieD
07-21-2007, 08:32 PM
RMG is one of my favorites. Danase wet glaze is also pretty awesome.

randolph
07-21-2007, 09:02 PM
Does Danase wet glaze have to put on my machine. Tried it by hand and didn`t notice any thing special.

Black Diamond
07-21-2007, 09:23 PM
Worked great for me by hand.

Crusader101
07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
I really like the "pink moose", an equal blend of VM and RMG. Seems to polish nicely while leaving an extremely wet finish.

icu812
07-21-2007, 11:15 PM
EZ Creme Glaze and the Wet Mirror-Finish both are made by CG

danforz
07-21-2007, 11:58 PM
thank you for your responses. I take it then that they can be layered?

steelwind101
07-22-2007, 12:14 AM
I think in order to answer youe question you have to understand how a glaze works somewhat.

This goes on post polishing and not after a product with sealing properties to achive maximum effect.

The oils in the glaze are suppose to fill the pours in your paintwork. the answer to how many "layers" or application depends on how dry or empty your pours are in your paintwork.

If you keep applying it a few times in one session then you most likely end up removing what you are applying simply b/c it has no where to go.

I wouldent mix glazes like CG EZG and RMG, they work in different ways.

EZG darkens paint and RMG helps create more metalic pop.

Geoff

shakashaunz
07-22-2007, 12:25 AM
I like prima amigo........but other than megs #7 it`s the only one I have used. Think I`ll try the RMG next time

danforz
07-22-2007, 01:21 PM
I think in order to answer youe question you have to understand how a glaze works somewhat.

This goes on post polishing and not after a product with sealing properties to achive maximum effect.

The oils in the glaze are suppose to fill the pours in your paintwork. the answer to how many "layers" or application depends on how dry or empty your pours are in your paintwork.

If you keep applying it a few times in one session then you most likely end up removing what you are applying simply b/c it has no where to go.

I wouldent mix glazes like CG EZG and RMG, they work in different ways.

EZG darkens paint and RMG helps create more metalic pop.

Geoff

Thanks for the heads up...

Does anyone have any opinions on using a classic glaze vs the CG/Danase acrylic glaze?

steelwind101
07-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Acrylics glazes have special bonding to work with the CG`s acrylic sealants.

In theory sealants want to bond with the paintwork and lock in to the pours, most cant do that with the tradional glazes in the way. They can when the acrylic sealants leave a layer of easy to bond with chemical.

Geoff