PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here w/Problems Posting

mcc
07-21-2007, 11:07 AM
First let me introduce myself. I own and operate Mobile Car Care in the Louisville, KY area. My wife and I started the business, and we have been detailing part-time for 3 years now. We also own a cleaning business, and I do inspections for commercial mortgage companies on the side as well. I`m an entrepreneur, and I am always working on something new to go along with what I already have. I love detailing, but the people in this area do not really have an appreciation for detailing in general. Most people think that the prices are negotiable for them, and most people think a basic do-it-yourself car wash gives their vehicle all the protection it could ever need. It really gets frustrating at times, but that is the market I`m in, so I deal with it and try to make the best of it. We do good work, although we don`t do paint restoration, and everything we do is done by hand, no machines. I`ve been lurking here for a long time and many of the guys and gals here really know their stuff. I`m happy to be on here. However...............

For some reason my posts don`t show up 99% of the time. Hopefully this one will. If the post doesn`t show up immediately, I get the following message:

"Thank you for posting! You will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts in this forum, you will be taken back to the forum and your post will be displayed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so."

Well, my messages never show up. I sent a pm to a moderator, and have never received a response. I like this site, but it isn`t worth the frustration to continue trying to post and offer my thoughts on something when things don`t show up. Can anyone let me know why my posts don`t show up? I post in the professional detailing forum, and I can have one post show up, then turn around and post in another thread and get nothing. I tried starting my own thread and got nothing. Maybe I`m stuck in some sort of newbie punishment regarding posting, but I`m not sure, and so far nobody wants to let me know.

mcc
07-21-2007, 11:10 AM
Commercial content removed. Please read this thread: http://autopia.org/forum/professional-detailers/90178-soliciting-business-regional-forums.html

Although the thread above refers specifically to the regional forums, it holds true for the whole site. If you have a business, you may not post the URL.

Thanks. -- Tort (moderator)

Thomas Dekany
07-21-2007, 01:20 PM
I wish I could tell you what`s going on.

I like on your site how you can navigate over the cars. Who did your site?

mcc
07-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I built the site myself, using the site builder at sitecube.com . Did you figure out that you can enlarge the pictures rather than zooming in by clicking on the magnifying glass at the bottom right of the photo? Then you get a larger version, and you can scroll through the photos on that particular page.

I was wondering if anyone figures that out. I did by accident, so if nobody else gets it by themselves I`ll see about changing that a little to let people know how to make all photos larger.

imported_Stonecipher
07-22-2007, 08:49 PM
I can`t seem to post anywhere but this forum also ... :sadpace:

mcc
07-22-2007, 11:06 PM
Stonecipher, maybe you can now that you have hit 5 posts. I haven`t had any problems today since I hit the 5 post mark. Of course, I was able to post elsewhere, but only every once in a while would the post actually show up. It doesn`t make much sense to me, and for all I know I won`t be able to post ever again after this one. Give it a try though and see what happens.

TortoiseAWD
07-23-2007, 08:56 AM
Until new members have racked up 10 posts, anything they post with a URL or picture goes to the bit-bucket. It`s an anti-spam measure that is in place to try to stop "hit-n-run" spammers that join up, post their business links, then never are heard from again. I believe there`s information about this in the e-mail that you received when you created your account. Now that you`re at 11 posts, everything should work normally.

Sorry for the hassles . . . it`s not our favorite forum hack, because it does create confusion among new members; however, it`s very, very effective at cutting back on the amount of spam that shows up in the forum, so we`ve kept it in place.

Tort

(moderator)

bwlucas
07-23-2007, 06:32 PM
No wonder I couldn`t post a Click & Brag topic. So then us "new" members should run around the forums posting random spam comments for you moderators to find? lol ;)

mcc
07-23-2007, 08:15 PM
My posts that didn`t show up didn`t have any photos or links in them and still didn`t show up, but now everything is good. so I guess it doesn`t matter to me anymore. :getdown :woohoo: :spot

I hope the rest of you guys get your accounts working properly.

Oh, and :thx to the mod that responded.

TortoiseAWD
07-24-2007, 10:36 AM
No wonder I couldn`t post a Click & Brag topic. So then us "new" members should run around the forums posting random spam comments for you moderators to find? lol ;)Um . . . no. :)

imported_Stonecipher
07-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Until new members have racked up 10 posts, anything they post with a URL or picture goes to the bit-bucket. It`s an anti-spam measure that is in place to try to stop "hit-n-run" spammers that join up, post their business links, then never are heard from again. I believe there`s information about this in the e-mail that you received when you created your account. Now that you`re at 11 posts, everything should work normally.

Sorry for the hassles . . . it`s not our favorite forum hack, because it does create confusion among new members; however, it`s very, very effective at cutting back on the amount of spam that shows up in the forum, so we`ve kept it in place.

Tort

(moderator)

Oh, no, I understand about the spammers, no problem there. I ws just trying to reply to a guy about why his epoxy floor kept peeling up and none of the posts were taking (but one finally did). No pics involved.

Couple more posts and I should be good. I need to post a pick of the stains on my A-pillar to ask about removing some stains on it.

Stonecipher