PDA

View Full Version : Streaks from PB Bug Squash dwelling too long

jgh1987
07-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Anyone know what I mean? I sprayed fully concentrated bug squash on the lower panels of my vehicle before washing, and didnt get to it until last ofcourse them being the lower panels. Once I dried I noticed streaks down those panels, is this LSP that was stripped? If someone could tell me how to fix by tonight that would be great cause I just washed it :wall

imported_bigfoot
07-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Before anything, what was the dillution used for this?

jgh1987
07-20-2007, 08:33 PM
used it straight, no dilution....vehicle was quite dirty so i used it to help loosen the grime on the lower panels, and bugs on front

imported_bigfoot
07-20-2007, 09:15 PM
That`s why! You stripped the whole protection of wax and sealant. Use it 3:1 and it cleans pretty good, just let it dwell, but not dry. You`ll be surprised how good this thing diluted cleans.

jgh1987
07-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah thats how I actually use it all the other times, but thanks ill let you know the final result

imported_bigfoot
07-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Just a suggestion, though, never use pure BS unless you are planning to strip the car from wax and/or sealant. Please do keep us updated on how the dilution rate works.

Joey

Setec Astronomy
07-20-2007, 11:13 PM
To me this is just another product in search of a reason. You spray it on too strong it takes your LSP off. You spray it on too weak, it doesn`t do anything. I never thought this product had any extra cling or anything, and I don`t see why you need a separate product instead of using diluted APC or just some ONR/QEW/car wash.

imported_bigfoot
07-20-2007, 11:24 PM
To me this is just another product in search of a reason. You spray it on too strong it takes your LSP off. You spray it on too weak, it doesn`t do anything. I never thought this product had any extra cling or anything, and I don`t see why you need a separate product instead of using diluted APC or just some ONR/QEW/car wash.

I do not want to disagree with you in your comment, since you most probably used it and didn`t liked it which is understandable, I found a use for it. I think it does a great job removing bugs from the paint and glass. If you think the dilution rate is too strong and you are afraid it might have taken your LSP away, just re-apply, and protection will be back to normal.

I live in an agricultural area, where bugs are around all the time. So, yes, this product does wonders for me and my car.

Setec Astronomy
07-20-2007, 11:33 PM
I do not want to disagree with you in your comment, since you most probably used it and didn`t liked it which is understandable, I found a use for it. I think it does a great job removing bugs from the paint and glass. If you think the dilution rate is too strong and you are afraid it might have taken your LSP away, just re-apply, and protection will be back to normal.

I live in an agricultural area, where bugs are around all the time. So, yes, this product does wonders for me and my car.

I sampled it at the Pb`s detail day a couple years ago. It just ran right off and didn`t do anything to soften the bugs I picked up on the way there. I`d rather just soak them with cheap QD for a few minutes, or foam them with the foam gun if I`m doing a wash. I just don`t see the need for an additional product for this application. Maybe this is a product that screams for a foaming trigger spray--but as I said, why not just use another APC/wash/QD product that you already have?

Of course if you like it, more power to you, man!

imported_bigfoot
07-21-2007, 09:10 AM
I sampled it at the Pb`s detail day a couple years ago. It just ran right off and didn`t do anything to soften the bugs I picked up on the way there. I`d rather just soak them with cheap QD for a few minutes, or foam them with the foam gun if I`m doing a wash. I just don`t see the need for an additional product for this application. Maybe this is a product that screams for a foaming trigger spray--but as I said, why not just use another APC/wash/QD product that you already have?

Of course if you like it, more power to you, man!

I will take your suggestion and use diluted APC 10:1. I will try to look for a foaming spray and keep you updated.

imported_DetailDan
07-21-2007, 01:59 PM
I love PB BS, works amazingly.

sremick
07-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I am taking from this that it is perfectly ok to use it full-strength if you are going to re-seal and re-wax. Correct?

I`ve got some stuff on my bumper and lower side panels that just won`t come off. Since I`ll be doing my first real detailing soon (just ordered my PC, finally!) I don`t mind taking off the wax/seal... as long as I`m not taking off paint too.