PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SIP followed with OP?

new2mud
07-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I see SIP paired up with 106ff alot.

Is 106 required as a followup step for best results, or would OP or O-PoliSeal work just fine after SIP?

(PC, and not rotary usage, if it matters)

coupe
07-20-2007, 06:16 PM
it would work fine

Mobilejay
07-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Do you have to go to a polish? I thought I saw someone on here go from SIP to their LSP. I might have read it wrong but thats what I remembered.

coupe
07-20-2007, 06:28 PM
That would depend on the paint your working on

imported_rydawg
07-21-2007, 12:03 AM
SIP will finish fine with a polish pad (LC white). I did try OP one day after SIP and it made the finish look hazed compared to what SIP did. SIP will give you a very clear deep finish. If you are going to use a finish polish, then I suggest 106ff. That`s about the only way to improve the look over SIP.

Todd@RUPES
07-21-2007, 12:46 AM
SIP will finish fine with a polish pad (LC white). I did try OP one day after SIP and it made the finish look hazed compared to what SIP did. SIP will give you a very clear deep finish. If you are going to use a finish polish, then I suggest 106ff. That`s about the only way to improve the look over SIP.

Agreed. Using OP after SIP is like putting Ketchup on Prime Rib....

porta
07-21-2007, 03:08 AM

I second...