PDA

View Full Version : Why and when to use Z-6 when you have Z-8?

Mr Big Bass
07-19-2007, 02:22 PM
On the Zaino site they state that "Is intended for special occasions and events only; it is not a Z-6 replacement"

Why can`t i use it after every wash? Is the Z-6 meant more as a QD and to be used in between washes?

Joshua312
07-19-2007, 02:27 PM
They only say that to tell the customers upkeep with Zaino is easy and it isn`t necessary to do all these steps everytime they wash. You can add as many coats of Z6 or Z8 as you want. Many autopians apply one of these products everytime they wash. It`s just a matter of how much work/product you want to go through.

YoMike
07-19-2007, 03:08 PM
Z6 last longer and has a slight cleaner. Z8 is for those one nighters with your hot Date. The Zaino people need something to do since it last 6 months!

NavindraLR
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
i was under the impression z6 is a qd spray, which has lubricants in it to aid in qding the car without marring the finish, while z8 should only be applied to a clean vehicle, as a spray on sealant, ontop of previous z2/z5 applications to help with the looks, and durability.

wannafbody
07-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Z6 is a QD wich lasts about a day. It is for light dust and nothing more. I use it mostly to remove water spots after washing. Z8 is a gloss enhancing spray and can be used as often as you wish and has durability in the 4-6 week range and possibly even longer depending on various factors.

Scottwax
07-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I use Z6 as a QD or to remove any dusting during polishing, Z8 is more of a sealant booster and `wetness` adder for me. Z8 plays nice with other sealants other than Zaino too.

pade
07-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Quote from Zaino Store (http://www.zainostore.com)

Can I use Z-8 daily on my vehicle’s finish?

Yes, but for many of our customers, it is simply not cost effective to use Z-8 daily. Like a very fine wine, some may decide to have it every evening at dinner, yet others choose to save the finest for only special occasions. It’s really up to you.

Do I use Z-8 or Z-6 between coats of Zaino Show Car Polishes (Z-2 PRO, Z-3 and Z-5)?

Either Z-6 or Z-8 will achieve fantastic results. For our more budget conscious customers, outstanding results have and will continue to be attained using Z-6 prior to each application of Zaino polish. We’re spoiled; we use Z-8 all the time.

Basically you can use either Z-6 or Z-8 between coats and after washing the car.

Z-6 is a QD while Z-8 will add gloss and also give some protection that actually last quite long on the paint.