PDA

View Full Version : My project car - my daily driver

Pages : [1] 2

Scott301
07-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Hello all.

I know this is bad. This is my 2003 jet black BMW sedan. I have a PC and most every product you could imagine. These marks laugh at my PC when I`ve worked on them before. I really want to buy a Metabo or a Festool 150 dual machine and fix this problem and then do my best to maintain it. Should it happen again, I`ll have the correct tools at least. If you this a Festool will do the job or you`ve worked on BMW paint like this before, please let me know.

Of course it doesn`t look this bad without the lights.

Thanks!

Brad in Sacramento

Setec Astronomy
07-18-2007, 11:42 PM
Nice! Are you asking for PC suggestions? Or asking if this is fixable at all? It should be fixable, and obviously it would be faster with a rotary. If you want to attempt it with your PC, tell us what compounds and pads you have, and we can talk about technique, etc. to make sure you`re getting everything you can out of the PC.

Scott301
07-18-2007, 11:47 PM
I have Poorboy`s compounds, 3M perfect-it products, Menzerna products, HT Light cut and I think it is called HT Power something.

I guess my main question is if you could use anything to fix this and any pad and any machine, what would you use?

I thought about getting the new ScratchBuster Pad with Ultima Paint Prep Plus polish and use it with a Metabo or Festool if I buy one.

Sorry for the lack of clarification.

Brad

awahl63
07-19-2007, 12:02 AM
What pads are you using. I find that 4" pads correct much much quicker by PC.

Scott301
07-19-2007, 12:08 AM
I need to buy new pads. I think the pads I have now are LC 6.5

Setec Astronomy
07-19-2007, 12:25 AM
You`re going to need something like SSR3, Menzerna PowerGloss, or HT EC to get those out. If you are seriously considering a rotary, now would be the time to get it.

Scott301
07-19-2007, 12:27 AM
I thought about getting a Metabo or the Festool dual machine since I`m scared of the rotary and start with light cut by HT or the Ultima paint prep plus.

Brad

Setec Astronomy
07-19-2007, 12:30 AM
I think you`re going to need some pretty heavy compound to get those out, whatever machine you use. Some of the real experts on that kind of correction will be chiming in, I`m sure.

74 thing
07-19-2007, 01:04 AM
I would get in touch with Mr. Ikon (autopia name), who is a detailer in Sac and I am sure you can set up an appointment with him and he can show you how to properly take care of that damage.

wishmaster
07-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Maybe you need a yellow pad and a polish with more cut. or maybe more patience and work it a little bit more time

Scott301
07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Chemicals I`ve got....patience I don`t I suppose.

mose
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
The first thing I would use against that is Menz products. If that didn`t work I would just set it on fire.....LOL!!!:nana:

I have had some really good luck with some pretty "Swirly" vehicles.

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/93403-07-grand-cherokee-major-swirlage.html?highlight=mose

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/87104-98-expedition.html?highlight=mose

http://autopia.org/forum/click-brag/86758-black-04-expedition.html?highlight=mose

I will PM you my number. My detail this weekend cancelled so give me a call as soon as you can so I can plan it. I would be more than happy to have you cruise over and see if there`s anything we can do to those swirls! If we can make a dent in them then we can talk about the rest of the car!

Mike

mr.ikon
07-19-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the kind words 74 thing. I`d be more than willing to help you knock those swirls out. The car looks pretty beat up though. But i love a challenege. Mose is another great detailer in the sacramento area. Why dont we just gang up on this car sacramento style. hahaha.

Scott301
07-19-2007, 02:23 PM
Would love that too if you and Mose are game. We can do it in my garage or anywhere you guys want.

Brad

mr.ikon
07-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I`m up to give a helping hand.