PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars #20 vs. #21 ...

Clean Dean
07-18-2007, 06:49 PM
I just bought a some Meguiars #20 at a steal of a price, but I never tried it before. I originally thought I was buying #21 which I like and have used for a few years now, but I am will to try out the #20 and it seems like a high quality sealant from the description on various suppliers websites.

Any opinion on this product would be greatly appreciated.

How does it compare to #21?

GlossyTundra
07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
I think #20 has some really strong chemical cleaners in it. I know some people use it for oxidation removal or a one step.

PRB
07-18-2007, 07:49 PM
M20`s cleaners aren`t TOO strong, though I have seen people use it with a wool pad on single stage to remove a bunch of oxidation and put down a durable coating. Much of the removal is being done by the pad in this case. Hmm...wonder how M21 would fare in that situation? My guess is not as well, due to how it bonds on itself if you apply it too thick.

Anyway, I`m a long time user of M20 as well as going on my second year of M21.

M20 is easier to work with. You don`t have to be as concerned with keeping the coats almost ridiculously thin as you do with M21.

M21 seems to be a bit more durable. It also has better initial clarity and depth.

M20 is a blend (meaning, it contains waxes) where M21 is sold as a pure synthetic.

Clean Dean
07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the info PRB & Brandon1. Will test it out tomorrow.