PDA

View Full Version : Trailer or Cap for truck???

Reflctn Perfctn
06-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey guys today i am goin to prurchase a cap for my s 10 truck for my mobil busines and was wondering if you guys recommend a trailer or is ti better to run it out of the pick up bed and get a cap to cover the equipment and to go over the water tank???? I like the clean look of a nice cap, sorta looks like a van in a way.

RUBigDog05
06-07-2005, 10:56 AM
I`m not a professional by no means but a truck cap would be my choice but there would be some pros and cons of both.

Pros for cap: covers everything nicely, no trailer to drag around
Cons for cap: Being able to get to everything in the bed of the truck easily, bed of truck will stink if running a generator

Pros for trailer: plenty of room, bed won`t stink of gas from generator
Cons for Trailer: hauling it around, manuevering it(if you`re not good with trailers, everything is out in the weather..

(Add your pros and cons)

Also, I used to own a 95 S-10 a few years back and I know S-10`s have a "sagging" problem stock. As if it isn`t bad without anything in the bed of the truck, adding a lot of weight (water tank FULL, generator..) to the truck will make it drag or even the weight of a trailer will make the truck sag a great amount so you might want to look into helper springs or air shocks to help level out the truck if you haven`t already. Just my 2 cents from experience.

Reflctn Perfctn
06-07-2005, 12:23 PM
thank you for the reply, i just ordereded my cap today. I think it would look nice with all the lettering and business logos and stuff.

rollman
06-08-2005, 06:16 PM
What you really need to ask yourself is , can you carry all my supplies,equipment & water tank in the back of your truck ?

SA Detailer
06-16-2005, 10:09 PM
I have a truck big enough to put everything in it but I got a trailer for adverticing, IT WORKS...