PDA

View Full Version : Best place to purchase new products via Purchase Order?

warlockid
07-18-2007, 06:04 PM
It looks like I can save a bunch of money if I purchased my products online. I love the stuff my local rep has but its not as tried and true as the stuff I can find online and read about here. Problem is the owner of the company who I primarily work for wants me to order my stuff online with PO (purchase order), then send them a check when it arrives. Thing is, I cant find a vendor online that will accept a PO. They want payment first, which makes sense. I mainly want to order via PO because when I do that, the amount I spend is charged to the sales department but if I use the company CC it gets charged to my detail department. Dont ask why or how, thats just what Im told. So I can save some overhead if I get it done with a PO. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to who would accept a PO? Thanks a ton and have a fabulous week!

Jamie

Dropkick Detail

Setec Astronomy
07-18-2007, 06:08 PM
You have to establish what is known as "open account" in order to buy that way. That usually entails providing credit references (bank info, other suppliers that you buy a lot from and pay on time) so that the company you are buying from has a good feeling that you won`t stiff them.

bwalker25
07-18-2007, 08:50 PM
you can email the guys at autogeek or danase, or even autopia and see if they would set you up an open account or something like Net 7 or Net 15. Being a business owner I understand the niceness of being able to order via a PO from vendors. Good Luck...

warlockid
07-18-2007, 09:30 PM
You have to establish what is known as "open account" in order to buy that way. That usually entails providing credit references (bank info, other suppliers that you buy a lot from and pay on time) so that the company you are buying from has a good feeling that you won`t stiff them.

Thats the planned course of action it looks like. This RV dealership I work for is a pretty big outfit and our finance lady is sort of a pain to deal with but if its going to save me money and make that bonus bigger, Im all for it.