PDA

View Full Version : Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant experiment for the non-believers!

CHAOS
07-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Since being introduced to the Poorboys line up ive been nothing but happy with every product ive used... they all do what they say they will do and some do a bit more... this happens to be one that does exactly what i expected/hoped it would do... so onto the experiment

this is approximately a weeks worth (300+miles) of brake dust build up.. the wheels have 3 coats of Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant on them... 2 were done at the "big" detail i did and one was done recently to refresh/reinforce...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/chaos311clarity/P7170410.jpg

as you can see the wheels are absolutely filthy... OEM brembo pads are notorious for dusting a ridiculous amount...anyway... today i did my weekly wash before our tuesday night meets... i use my pressure washer to do my pre-rinse becuase it helps get the bugs and crap off the front end... along with the bug squash... heres a shot after i hit half the wheel with the PW..

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/chaos311clarity/P7170411.jpg

as you can see the dust is almost completely gone... it just pretty much rolled right off the wheel... i took a short.. non-audio .. video clip so that people could see how i got the results.... id say this got 99% of the dust off the wheel... i just followed like i normally do with a damp rag to get the extremely stubborn parts...

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/chaos311clarity/th_5019da33.jpg (http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/chaos311clarity/?action=view&current=5019da33.flv)

this product gets a 5 out of 5 in my book!

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Um...how does this prove anything? Did you do the wheel on the opposite side with a different product and get a different result there? The only thing this seems to prove is that sealing your wheels is a good idea, not that Pb`s Wheel Sealant is any better than any other sealant. (And before you start in on me, I happen to have Pb`s WS on my wheels right now.)

CHAOS
07-17-2007, 10:46 PM
it only proves that using this product or one similar to it is a great idea.

however i only have experience with this one... so i cant comment on others

imported_Jakerooni
07-17-2007, 10:48 PM
I think if the argument is PB`s stuff is better than brand X then setec is right... this proves nothing. However if this is merely a statement that a product performs as advertise then I say kudo`s nice to see truth in advertising.

Scottwax
07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
I`ve noticed similar results with Wheel Wax. Brake dust still builds up but it cleans off more easily.

Setec Astronomy
07-17-2007, 10:51 PM
it only proves that using this product or one similar to it is a great idea.

however i only have experience with this one... so i cant comment on others

Sorry, from the title it sounded like this was a challenge to those of us who have questioned why a separate sealant is needed for wheels, and if it`s so good on wheels, why can`t you use it on the whole car? Pb`s WS certainly leaves the wheels slick (at least initially) and boy it smells great!

CHAOS
07-17-2007, 10:52 PM
I think if the argument is PB`s stuff is better than brand X then setec is right... this proves nothing. However if this is merely a statement that a product performs as advertise then I say kudo`s nice to see truth in advertising.

yea i am not out to prove its better than any other similar product but like i said ive only had experience with this one and i love it.

CHAOS
07-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Sorry, from the title it sounded like this was a challenge to those of us who have questioned why a separate sealant is needed for wheels, and if it`s so good on wheels, why can`t you use it on the whole car? Pb`s WS certainly leaves the wheels slick (at least initially) and boy it smells great!

agreed my title is a bit off... but it grabs attention i suppose... thanx for not completely thrashing me right away! lol

CHAOS
07-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I`ve noticed similar results with Wheel Wax. Brake dust still builds up but it cleans off more easily.

yea this by no means stops the build up... it merely makes cleaning them the next time WAY easier... after my run in with race pad brake dust... im a firm believer that EVERYONE should have this or something like it on their wheels!

Scottwax
07-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Actually, I am an even bigger believer in ceramic brake pads. ;)

2KLS1
07-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Maybe your next experiment should be coating the other wheel with a paint sealant and see how that stacks up to a dedicated wheel sealant. I`d be interested in how that turns out.

Fallz
07-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Although I do like poorboys products , the wheel wax has been nothing that my qd`s can do with ease. Not impressed with that product at all.

My clearcoated truck wheels that are treated with DGF 105 & AW , wipe very easy with damp cloth. If I was with a high pressure hose nozzle , no need to even wipe , just dry them off.

Snobird
07-19-2007, 06:43 PM
You might want to try Duragloss 821 or chemical guys

I have found them both to be better products