PDA

View Full Version : Bad to blot when using ONR?

mikebai1990
07-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I was mulling this over this morning: Since ONR functions by encapsulating dirt particles so that the drying towel can be used to safely take the dirt particles off, does that mean it`s bad to use the blotting->wiping technique? Usually with conventional washes, it`s often suggested to blot first and wipe off the remaining water. However, with ONR, if you blot first, then some dirt particles will be left to dry on the paint, thus creating swirling/marring when you take a final pass at it with a WWMF.

What do you guys think?

BlueLibby04
07-17-2007, 11:03 PM
I agree... If you blot, its not going to remove the dirt..

zingyginger
07-17-2007, 11:41 PM
My sheepskin mitt usually picks up the dirt with ONR and it gets wrung out in my rinse bucket. My drying towels, mf for initial pass & ww for second pass, are mostly clean (there`s only the occasional smudge from the wipers or from crevices I missed washing with the mitt). If there`s any visible dirt, blotting with the already damp fluffy mf traps it in the nap.

thesacrifice
07-18-2007, 01:19 AM
MOST of it does go away in the wash mitt. My drying towels always look clean after drying, although I know there is still dirt being picked up as I dry.

J.J.
07-18-2007, 02:54 AM
Spray Panel --> Use Sheepskin on Panel --> Spray Panel --> Blot Dry w/ Towel.

Works great every time. Brand new black car with absolutely no marring.

The dirt should be in your mit. I spray once more to induce runoff.

JJ