PDA

View Full Version : Any Idea what this stuff is?

Pages : [1] 2

GregCavi
06-06-2005, 10:13 PM
HEllo everyone!

This crap is on my dads truck. On the hood and the fender and driverside door. Any clue what it is? It looks like little cracks in the paint. I thoroughly clayed and it didnt do anything. Any clue?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gregdrumsaero/P1010634.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gregdrumsaero/P1010637.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/gregdrumsaero/white.jpg

Greg

probegt
06-06-2005, 10:23 PM
I dont know but I have the same problem with my hood. I think its from fall out or its the clearcoat starting to fail.

GregCavi
06-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Ya i was thinking the same. We bought this truck used in 2003 and it is a 2001 truck so it seems weird for CC failure but I guess we cant rule it out. I just noticed it while i was having no luck at tackling the swirls on my dads ford.. That clearcote is like a rock!

Greg

pappy
06-06-2005, 10:33 PM
yea i dont think its fall out or anything clay or anything can take care of.

norahcrv
06-07-2005, 12:38 AM
Greg,
I`m sorry to say, that I think that looks like the beginnings of ClearKote failure. But I`m surprised to see it on a "vertical" surface like the door :confused: Not sure what can be done at this point.
Maybe one of the "pro`s" will weigh in tomorrow?

maximv1
06-07-2005, 04:53 AM
i would take to a ford dealer. you may be able to get it fixed under paint warranty. a 4 year old truck shouldn`t be doing that. good luck

Way2SSlow
06-07-2005, 06:32 AM
Looks like "crow`s feet" to me. Only reason I say that is that the dreaded Crow`s feet are taking over my hood as well. I`ve been told that the car has to be sanded down to bare metal to repaint. Best of luck with the Ford dealer, should you go that route.

GregCavi
06-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Looks like "crow`s feet" to me. Only reason I say that is that the dreaded Crow`s feet are taking over my hood as well. I`ve been told that the car has to be sanded down to bare metal to repaint. Best of luck with the Ford dealer, should you go that route.

Thats the first time i have heard the term crows feet. It must be CC related? So would a dealer really cover that, or is it an insurance thing were you will have to pay the $500 deductable? Thanks for the replies!

Greg

tubafeak
06-07-2005, 08:41 AM
It should be covered under some sort of warranty. Don`t let them give you any sort of "not been maintained" bull, be sure to bring some proof that you`re a professional detailer, they`ll just end up looking slackjawed while they wirte a check for new paint.

Patrick
06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
looks like road paint! Is it on windows or trim work ?

GregCavi
06-07-2005, 09:40 AM
only on the paint. When i run my hand over it , it feels like little cracks in the CC.

Greg

GregCavi
06-07-2005, 10:44 AM
I am goign to show my dad this today and If i can convince him to care then he will take it to the dealership. I hope i have some credibility when my dad tells them that i care for the truck becuase i just quit there about a week ago. talk about good timing :brick

Greg

probegt
06-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I have to wish you luck on going to the dealership. They seem to be the hardest headed SOBs about situations like this. I argued with mine but still didnt get it fixed. My truck is is a 02 but the main warranty is up because I have 60k miles on it. Good luck and let us know. Think I might just go back up to the dealership and try again.

Way2SSlow
06-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Thats the first time i have heard the term crows feet. It must be CC related? So would a dealer really cover that, or is it an insurance thing were you will have to pay the $500 deductable? Thanks for the replies!

Greg,

From the limited information that I had found back when I first heard the term, I think it`s actually cracks in the primer/paint.....which would explain why the dude also told me that it has to go down to bare metal. Again, I`m not positive that what you have is crow`s foot, but if I had to guess....I would say it is. There has got to be a painter on this forum. I`m going to post on impalassforum, because I know there are some painters on there, and maybe they can shed some light on it. I dont know if your insurance will cover that kind of damage to the car. If they do, definitely let me know, because my hood is getting pretty bad, and I will claim it on comprehensive if they do. If I can come up with any relevant information, I`ll post it here.

GregCavi
06-07-2005, 08:11 PM
Way2SSlow Thanks So much for all your extra help! My dad is brining the truck to another body shop to see what they think and then get a written analyis of what they think it is. Then he is goign to the ford dealership were i just quit and then see what they will do. he is getting the other quote so they body guys dont say that i wrecked the paint and so the word around town isnt that i wreck paint on cars.

Greg