PDA

View Full Version : Looks like some detailers will be needed in Tulsa...

wash-girl
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Unknown spray damages over 300 show cars - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_fe_st/odd_cars_damaged_1;_ylt=AmatgL_pjLlYVxaRkY4JF0IF1v AI)

"TULSA, Okla. - Organizers of an annual car show are trying to determine the source of a brown or red spray that damaged almost all of the 329 cars being displayed at the event.

The damage occurred Saturday on the final day of the 35th annual Pontiac Oakland Convention show, which traditionally ends with an outdoor display of the cars — many worth more than $100,000 — on a closed downtown street...

Two possible sources could have been construction at the BOK Center, a few blocks west of where the outdoor display was held, or work on the Crowne Plaza Hotel, where exterior walls were being painted red...

Because the car show`s judging process requires that the cars have at least one window open, most of the cars also suffered interior damage..."

I`d be like :bat

Strokin04
07-17-2007, 05:41 PM
The wind in Oklahoma sucks and this doesn`t surprise me at all. However I bet the finger pointing between the hotel and construction site has got to be entertaining. Can you imagine the bill for fixing all these classic cars!!!

SVR
07-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Holy hell that`s nasty.

I got mine covered in red overspray (light coating) a couple weeks ago and had to clay the whole car down with the sonus green clay. The car was twenty metres away and he was only painting our shelving for us inside the shop

A little bit of clay marring but there are a few areas that I was going to polish anyway so no big deal.

However those owners must be absolutely pissed. What would take all that **** off the paint and interior?

imported_Picus
07-17-2007, 06:10 PM
$10 says it was the red paint. I had some paint land on my car from a house being sprayed over 300 feet away once.

LazerRed1
07-17-2007, 06:17 PM
The first house my son painted with an airless, he did so when the wind was a little too strong. Neighbor`s pontoon boat had a nice misting of brown. Luckily the boat was old and hardly ever used so he really didn`t get upset. Needless to say, forecast is checked now before spraying.

Collector car, whole different story.

wash-girl
07-18-2007, 09:15 AM
The wind in Oklahoma sucks and this doesn`t surprise me at all.

Reminds me of a song I know:

"It blowed away (blowed away), it blowed away (blowed away)

My Oklahoma home, it blowed away

Well it looked so green and fair when I built my shanty there

My Oklahoma home, it blowed away

Well I planted wheats and oats, got some chickens and some shoats

Aimed to have some ham and eggs to feed my face

Got a mule to pull the plow, I got an old red muley cow

And I also got a fancy mortgage on this place

Well it blowed away (blowed away), it blowed away (blowed away)

All the crops that I`ve planted blowed away

Well you can`t grow any grain if you ain`t got any rain

Everything except my mortgage blowed away"

:tumblewee

pt91
07-18-2007, 10:28 AM
wind isn`t that bad in NE OK. Central OK is a different story because it is so flat compared to NE OK.

somebody needs to buy a case of clay.