PDA

View Full Version : Buffer Trails and Holograms

TREGGIN
07-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey guys, first post for me, but I am a long time reader.

I`m in Fairfax and need some help. The dealership detailed my car and left buffer trails and holograms all over it. It looks terrible, and I`m looking for a profesional and rebutable shop that can do the repair. I already know that doing this on my own is over my head, I need some help for this one. Letting the dealer repair is not an option either (they will probably make it worse), although I am working on them to pay for this!

The car is an `06 Touareg, so the paint is in great shape and should be able to be restored. Can someone please help me with this, or make a referral.

Thanks in advance!

imported_DetailDan
07-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Im available. Sent you a PM.

TREGGIN
07-29-2007, 03:33 PM
Update.... Got my car back today, and Dan did a SWEET job. No more buffer trails or scratches. The car looks as good as new! I attached some before and after pics so you guys could see. It was hard to get good pics today because of the thunderstorms here, so Dan if you have some better ones please post.

Dan, thanks alot for all the hard work. I know it wasn`t an easy job.... You`ll definitely have me as a return customer.

(If its not obvious, first two shots are before, the rest after) The car had buffer trails all over, just like in the first two hood shots. Kudos to Dan for getting them ALL out.

imported_DetailDan
07-29-2007, 07:16 PM
No problem man. Im glad we could get it done right.

Heres a nice 50/50 shot.

imported_smprince1
07-29-2007, 08:23 PM
What were the products/process?

Thanks.

golfdude
07-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Great job Dan!!

imported_DetailDan
07-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Process was long and involved. Polishing products used were Menzerna, PC, and LC CCS pads.

Thanks a lot fire.

superchargedg
08-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Great job fixing a typical dealer screw up.

baseballlover1
11-07-2007, 11:19 PM
Good job dan! How long did it take you?

imported_DetailDan
11-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Took long enough using the PC, no idea how many hours I put into that thing. I know I was up until at least 1- 2am, then woke up later around 7am to finish it up.

Not only did the previous shop leave holograms, but when I removed the holograms with 106FF, there was still swirls, scratches, and buffer marks underneath. I know they took the rotary to it, but I think they also used a wool pad with an aggressive polish, then put a heavy glaze or something with fillers in it to hide the holograms and stuff. So I thought it was only going to need 106, but it ended up needing SIP then 106.

Also, on the roof there are ridges. Heres a not so good picture of what Im talking about, http://www.volkswagen.com.au/touareg/images/touareg_01.jpg Anyways, the space between the ridges is about 4- 5", believe it or not, there were holograms there too! What the hell was the previous place thinking is what I want to know.