PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding deep scratches

TLW
07-16-2007, 01:32 PM
I scraped (the side Panel) wheel base on my truck this morning in my parking garage. they are thin deep scratches, almost like it had been keyed. Any advice on taking care of them. Do I have to go to a body shop? Is their product I can use? As far as I am concerned I don`t have to have the scratches disappear I would like to minimize them though. Thoughts?

professional fixes I guess only option is body shop?

Old Pirate
07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
It depends on how deep are the scratches, if their deep than your looking at a paint and body shop, if their very thin or fine than maybe a professional detailer could fix it for you. But i think you need a body shop for this.

TLW
07-16-2007, 02:32 PM
It depends on how deep are the scratches, if their deep than your looking at a paint and body shop, if their very thin or fine than maybe a professional detailer could fix it for you. But i think you need a body shop for this.

that is the feeling I get

do they have to paint the whole car, teh whole panel, or just the area?

will it cost a ton?

Old Pirate
07-16-2007, 02:46 PM
It`s really hard to say, because of no pic`s, but it should be just the panel in question right?and if the rest of the vehicle in question the paint is fine (matching up) then it should not be costing a arm & a leg. Try looking up in your phonebook or the Internet and also ask around to find a shop that does minor repairs. Good luck.

93AccordLXwhite
07-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Does the scratch go down to metal/primer? If you can get a picture to show it would be helpful; if it`s repairable you may be able to find a member on this website located near you who can help you out. Sorry to hear about your scratch, many of us know that feeling:o

mikelea4ever
07-16-2007, 03:00 PM
:showpics

thats all i can say!!!!

TLW
07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
:showpics

thats all i can say!!!!

point taken

there will be some lead time, but I will get a picture before I ask too much more

anybody that knows small repair professional in the Jersey City, Nj Area I would love to know.

It is a truck so I guess it doesn`t have to be perfect I just don`t want it to rust, and look asthetically good as possible for a couple of 100 dollars