PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna SIP/IP with UDM?

MidnightG35X
07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, I was wondering what would be the best combination for a 2004 Infiniti G35 (softer clear from what I hear). I have the UDM along with all the DAS pads except the scratchbuster. For all my non-polishing steps I have the full line of Zaino. I did a full detail over the 4th, but the only product I had for correction was ZPC and the orange swirlbuster pad. It took away about 50% of the swirls, so now I am looking at something a little stronger. I was wondering if I should go with SIP or IP along with which pad should be used. I`m assuming I will have to follow it with a finer polish of some sort afterwards and was wondering if I could use ZAIO for that. Any product/pad combinations that you think would be good, throw em up here!

Thanks guys

imported_DetailDan
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Its hard to recommend something without seeing the car. Menz. 106FF might work, XMT 2 or 3, maybe even XMT 360, PB SSR1 or SSR2.5

MidnightG35X
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
106FF isn`t really any stronger than ZPC is it? I just need a good product for the swirl removal that will bond with the Zaino I`d put over it.

imported_flatstick
07-16-2007, 11:50 AM
You could go IP/ ZAIO then your Zaino LSP. I have some IP for sale/ trade if you are in need of it. if the swirls were not that bad I would say the 106FF would be the ticket.

Dcestylzdtailer
07-16-2007, 06:30 PM
I would go with the SIP (green pad) and then 85 rd with either an orange pad or white..really depends since i dont know what the paint looks like..:xyxthumbs

sinbad
07-16-2007, 06:49 PM
I haven`t used FPII with grey/black finishing pad before. I use FPII primarily with white pad and sometimes orange, if the need arises. FPII is very mild with PC and a white pad. I can`t imagine it doing anything with grey/black finishing pad (unless you are using 4" which seem slightly firmer than 6.5" pads). Will the polish even break down? I might try on next detail and see, but I am not expecting much.