PDA

View Full Version : help!

ianitrix
07-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Hey guys im doin a black jetta right now and man this thing sucks. Ive used opitmum compound , polish and AIO. I cant get the freakin swirl marks out!! This thing has alot of miles and has never been done before but I can at least get some out right ? Ive used Orange , yellow, wool and even a black pad and still nothing. Any ideas what I need to do ?

Thanks

btw im using a pc.

ianitrix
07-16-2007, 11:32 AM
I thought I tried it all till I found this blue finishing pad hiding in the back of my collection. I decided try this out and viola it worked. I have no idea how this blue LC pad worked but it did. I will post pics later!!

imported_DetailDan
07-16-2007, 11:39 AM
Maybe they werent swirl marks and it was actually marring from the combo you were using. Needed a more gentle combo to get rid of it. Especially since you said you used wool.

ianitrix
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
THANKS D&D for the reply. Well Im still doin this car but there is stll some swirls mark that I cant get out. Im gettin most of em out but not all. I think a couple more times on this thing could do it. Any ideas what ele I could try?

imported_DetailDan
07-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Whats the least aggressive combo youve tried?

ianitrix
07-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Whats the least aggressive combo youve tried?

well from blue finishing pad to a wool pad both with aio.

imported_DetailDan
07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Isnt AIO just a cleaner? What brand pads are you using?

ianitrix
07-16-2007, 02:30 PM
LC pads with AIO, I also tried optimum and that also didnt work. Well I got most out but this paint was so hard to work with. I mean the whole front was covered in stone chips and she said she really didnt do alot of highway driving. Anyways Kinda bummed out that I couldnt perfect it.

imported_DetailDan
07-16-2007, 02:33 PM
The paint on that car is hard, that would explain all of the stone chips and why you werent able to remove all of the swirls. I think Menz. SIP and a rotary would have worked better for you. Possibly even some wet sanding.

ConglomrationAL
07-16-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree with D&D, I just don`t see how a blue finishing pad with AIO is removing any swirls. Esp. with only a PC. But hey, whatever gets the job done, right?!

mikelea4ever
07-16-2007, 03:23 PM
aio is a paint cleaner. its not as strong as other polishing compounds.

ianitrix
07-16-2007, 10:33 PM
I tried everything I could think of and the after the last combo I tried I pulled the car and it seemed to do the job. Anyways after another panel I then noticed it wasnt doing aything so I switched back to my yellow pad. Ive never been so fustrated like this ever. Thank you all for your responses as you can see I really neeed the help.