PDA

View Full Version : Water?

OriginalSin
06-06-2005, 05:25 PM
When you are on a mobile detail, what do you do for water? I know some of you use a 100 gallon tank, but what else are you doing? I feel that it is almost unacceptable to use a customers water supply. What do you think?

GregCavi
06-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Alot of times mobile units use as you said water tanks and a pressure washer but now that alot of environmental laws restrict water runnoff alot of detailers are using QEW and spray and wipe waterless wash or minimal wash products. I dont do a whole lot of mobile work so i cant say thats it. THose are just 2 easy resources.

Greg

pappy
06-06-2005, 07:36 PM
we bring our own in a water tank. this way we can go to parking lots..which of course wont have a water hook up.

OriginalSin
06-06-2005, 10:32 PM
In a water tank, such as a 100 gallon tank witha pressure washer or just a tank that you use to fill buckets?

AMDin93103
06-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Pretty sure Pappy is using a PW with buckets. I have a 90 gallon tank/PW and use it on most vehicles. I did a 911 today that didn`t need it so I SW`ed. In CA laws are starting to be enforced. I am logo-less on my van until I get my reclamation set-up next month. Lotsa eviro-coppers around these parts.

As you stated, I too feel that in most cases it is *inappropriate* to use the customers water. I like the pressure of my unti versus the average household pressure. I use 1/3 the water of a typical hose (guesstimate) and get RO on the cheap. Spot free alows me to work slower. . . ;) I can go anywhere too.